Super Contributor

Anyone use a heated round brush?

I have short natural curly hair. I am retired and do not go out every day, but on the days I do, I usually use a flat iron.  Since I am not going anywhere !!! I have found an old round heated brush I used years ago---just to give it some direction and smoothe out the frizzies.  I have decided not to fight my hair anymore and go natural --- but I do need to take out the frizzies.  (I also put a few rollers in the top when nearly dry that helps with frizz)  My old one has a release button so hair can't get tangled.  I have been reading about Calista, but some do not have rave reviews.  I am sure some drug store buy would suit my needs???  Or purchase a name brand if need be! I need ions and ceramic???  Thanks on any input.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone use a heated round brush?

I used to but felt they were not that great, and I ended up wasting so much time for a hairstyle that wouldn't last. So I ended up just opting for a Dyson hairdryer and a round brush.

Trusted Contributor

@pietook 

Yes, been using this for many years. I pray they never quit making it. I wore out one and recently replaced. Do not pay over $25.  Revlon Perfect Heat 1200W Hot Air Dryer Kit with 3 Attachments- 
0C69C049-81D5-42D1-887F-35916D2CB010.jpeg

⚓️
Super Contributor

LoveMyBaby----does it have a release button on it?  I am off to google it now to find where to purchase!  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Below chin length naturally curly/wavy hair. Let it air dry w/ a drop of jojoba oil for frizzies. When wear in a straight bob, use drugstore dryer/curler that was under $30. Two sizes of curling brushes.FB31ED00-7F6B-400B-AD4B-A149201C3544.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pietook 

No, doesnt need one 👍🏼 

Try Target or Walmart dot com

⚓️
Respected Contributor

I use the CHI ceramic heated round brush.  Doesn't have a release button but it doesn't need one, even for my longer hair.  I also have the Revlon one but the blowing air actually makes my hair frizzy.

Respected Contributor

@pietook  I have been using the Conair one @Shanus has shown, love it and have had many over the years.  

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@pietook  I have been using the Conair one @Shanus has shown, love it and have had many over the years.  

@rockygems123   I love it too. I had the larger oval barrel Revlon one, but my hair isn't long enough and it left my hair straight w/ no bend or curl under. This one is great. I use the larger barrel/brush to dry and straighten my hair 90% & then change to smaller one where I still have shorter layers left or want to curl ends under. I went back to purchase a backup, but since it was on sale, all gone. May check online.

Honored Contributor

I have the one @Shanus owns that I use for touch ups. 

I use a blow dryer and fat roller brush for drying and styling.  Then I occasionally use the Conair for touch ups.  Good product.