Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,448
Registered: ‎05-14-2011

Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

I came across this line in a local organic market, checked on Beautypeadia for product evaluations and it's not listed.

Does anyone use this line?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,057
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

Sorry, but I haven't heard of it. What do they have? Are you going to try anything?

Super Contributor
Posts: 770
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

I have done a lot of research on natural products. Suki is a great company with high quality products. My skin doesn't tolerate essential oils well, but there are a few Suki products I keep in my rotation. The balancing oil for oily skin is truly amazing. If you call of email them, they will help custom design a regimen.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

I've never tried it but it is on either Hautelook or Beyond the Rack all the time just so you know (don't know how good of deals they are or not). I know they carry at Whole Foods too but I thought it seemed kind of pricey for some of the items, at least at whole foods prices.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,306
Registered: ‎10-01-2011

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

Pricey, isn't it? The products like interesting but some show alcohol as the second ingredient in a list of some other really nice ingredients. They don't say what type of alcohol it is. Are you going to try something? Link Did I find the line you were talking about?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,306
Registered: ‎10-01-2011

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

On 1/12/2014 cassiem said: I have done a lot of research on natural products. Suki is a great company with high quality products. My skin doesn't tolerate essential oils well, but there are a few Suki products I keep in my rotation. The balancing oil for oily skin is truly amazing. If you call of email them, they will help custom design a regimen.

Perfect, the alcohol (in skin care) expert! They don't say what type of alcohol they have in the ingredient deck but it's the second ingredient in a few things. Toner, for example. Any idea what kind it is?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

Bella, when alcohol is listed in the ingredients as just plain "alcohol" it is almost always (in fact I personally have never seen it otherwise) the drying type of alcohol (ethanol, I believe is the chemical name). Now that you mention it, if I remember correctly, this is why I didn't try the products in the past.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,306
Registered: ‎10-01-2011

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

On 1/12/2014 HappyDaze said:

Bella, when alcohol is listed in the ingredients as just plain "alcohol" it is almost always (in fact I personally have never seen it otherwise) the drying type of alcohol (ethanol, I believe is the chemical name). Now that you mention it, if I remember correctly, this is why I didn't try the products in the past.

Geez, another case of messing up an otherwise really great ingredient deck. Why, oh why do that?!{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Super Contributor
Posts: 770
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

On 1/12/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 1/12/2014 cassiem said: I have done a lot of research on natural products. Suki is a great company with high quality products. My skin doesn't tolerate essential oils well, but there are a few Suki products I keep in my rotation. The balancing oil for oily skin is truly amazing. If you call of email them, they will help custom design a regimen.

Perfect, the alcohol (in skin care) expert! They don't say what type of alcohol they have in the ingredient deck but it's the second ingredient in a few things. Toner, for example. Any idea what kind it is?

Unfortunately, it's not the good kind. I believe Suki uses grain alcohol.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,448
Registered: ‎05-14-2011

Re: Anyone use Suki skin care products? Opinions?

On 1/12/2014 BellaCarro said:

Pricey, isn't it? The products like interesting but some show alcohol as the second ingredient in a list of some other really nice ingredients. They don't say what type of alcohol it is. Are you going to try something? Link Did I find the line you were talking about?

That's the one. I wasn't thinking of the toner with alcohol - I'm trying to stay away from things with alcohol and preservatives in them. I was looking specifically at the eye treatments. I believe they also have a vitamin c serum that I was thinking of for night time. I found the line at a local Healthy Living Market. Some of the items seem pricey, but I've spent more and less on skin care items that didn't work. I know many of you have done a lot of research on natural/organic skin care and thought there might be a user of the line among you all.