Respected Contributor

Anyone use Head n Shoulders for dry scalp??

A few years ago, a Dermatologist I saw recommended a dandruff shampoo for dry, itchy scalp, even though I don't have dandruff.  He said it seems to give relief.   Basically, I have a couple of small areas that bother me, not the whole head, and I see some dryness on the scalp.    I already use very good Salon brand shampoos, like Pureology Hydrating, and conditioner.     I'd like to hear from those of you that use Head n Shoulders, since I saw some that are said good for dryness.  I am not looking for oils to rub in, or those cleansing conditioners.  They clog up the folicles.   Appreciate your recs on shampoos...Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use Head n Shoulders for dry scalp??

I think H&S is really good for dry scalp - and they have improved so much in their shampoos - they really are good and moisturizing.  I don't use my regularly, only when I feel I need it.

Valued Contributor

I use it once or twice a week for dry scalp and it seems to work well. I have not had the need to use it more than that.

Respected Contributor

Glad to hear you guys like it...I'm thinking of trying the Itchy Scalp with Eucalyptus...got great reviews.

Trusted Contributor

I have used it for years, I stated because of dry scalp but now use it just because I think it is a really good shampoo that is very affordable.  In fact, I even switched to Wal-Mart’s house brand (Equate) – I think it is the same shampoo just packaged for Wal-Mart branding.  I have never noticed a difference and it is less expensive, too.  They have a variety of scents.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

I've had good luck with it.  I have curly hair and it works very well.  Regarding eucalyptus, please be careful.  Can be very irritating for many of us. 

Respected Contributor

I use neutrogenia's T-gel  2in 1 daily control shampoo (does have a conditioner in it.)  I only need to use it once or twice a week and it helps me. My hair actually looks better when I use this than with any other shampoos.  (This is totally different from the regular T-Gel shampoos.)

It is sometimes hard to find.  I usually can only find it at CVS.

Respected Contributor

I don't have dandruff, but I do have an itchy scalp.  I think T-gel is much better for me but it stinks.  After it is dry it doesn't smell at all.  I use it every other shampoo. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin,     This is a suggestion.  At bedtime, massage your scalp with argan oil or marula oil.  Then shampoo in the morning.  See if that helps you out.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

WEN cured my very dry scalp.

@Dazlin wrote:

A few years ago, a Dermatologist I saw recommended a dandruff shampoo for dry, itchy scalp, even though I don't have dandruff.  He said it seems to give relief.   Basically, I have a couple of small areas that bother me, not the whole head, and I see some dryness on the scalp.    I already use very good Salon brand shampoos, like Pureology Hydrating, and conditioner.     I'd like to hear from those of you that use Head n Shoulders, since I saw some that are said good for dryness.  I am not looking for oils to rub in, or those cleansing conditioners.  They clog up the folicles.   Appreciate your recs on shampoos...Thanks!!