Honored Contributor

@Luv pets 

I don't know about your situation but I know being out in the sun can cause the hair follicle to go into the shedding phase prematurely for some people. For that reason many hair-growth topicals contain sunscreen to protect the scalp from UV light. If you are a gardener, a golfer or someone who just spends time outdoors then consider wearing a hat while in the sun.Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank-you for that information. I had no idea about sun exposure. You have always been so gracious about sharing information. It has helped me, and I am certain other women/men as well.

I have had six surgeries in five years. My spine is fused from C2 to L5. I have since become a chronic pain patient. I have checked, and none of my medication cause hair loss. At least to date, none have been reported to have this side effect. I am generally home bound. I can make short trips to the pharmacy, etc. I still work toward more strength and stamina. I want to volunteer in my community. I hate feeling adrift. Probably too much information. I apologize for the length of my response. You have so much information about a variety of subjects, that I wanted you to have the whole picture.

Thank-you again to all of the ladies who responded. My Hair Max has shipped!

Honored Contributor

I haven't stopped using it but I don't use it as often. Once a week is enough for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Luv pets 

Wow that's a lot of surgeries on your back. So sorry about your pain no need to apologize. I had my entire cervical vertebra (C1-C7) removed and replaced with fake bones and screws....I have a fake neck with some fused in other words. But before that I was in agonizing pain so I know about pain in the neck literally. I wish you all the best in getting mobile so you can enjoy getting out. 

My hair loss is from an autoimmune thing which started in my late 20s and it comes and goes. I went completely bald for a year but thankfully it grew back. Now it's thinner and if I don't use my hair lasers then it will get even more thin. I hope a hair laser will work for you. It's worth giving it a try. You won't know if it will work for you or not if you don't try it. I'm glad I did...no looking back.Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Wow! It seems like you have had your share of surgeries too. It's a wonder we have any hair at all! LOL!

I have high hopes for the Hair Max laser comb I ordered. I plan to follow the directions to the letter. I will let you know when I begin to see any progress. I know my hair can grow. I want to end the cycle of shedding. I think this could be the answer. My comb has shipped! I can't wait to get started. I know I won't have hair like I did at thirty, but more hair would be welcomed.

Thank-you for your help and encouragement.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Luv pets . I'm glad I could help.