Frequent Contributor

I have telogen effluvium, which means my hair stays too long in the resting phase and I shed tons of hair. I have chronic TE so my hair doesn't get a chance to grow back before it starts shedding again. After six years of this cycle, my hair is almost see through. 

I bought the Hair Max laser comb on special for $149. I am hoping to see some hair grow back and end this constant cycle. I read that some people experience more shedding when they first start to use the laser comb and that scares me.

Has anyone used the Hair Max with a positive outcome? I would rather use the comb than start minoxidil.

Thank-you in advance for any help you can offer.

Honored Contributor

I bought the HM comb when it first came to the Q years ago. I have used it as directed ever since and I have more hair now. Since the HM comb worked so well for me, I bought a Capillus laser cap and that has taken my hair to an much higher level of regrowth. I'm very happy with using hair lasers. They work for me.

Honored Contributor

@Luv pets  I have been using it since the first one came out I had hair loss in the temple area and now no longer do.  My hair on the crown is even thicker.

Honored Contributor

I have the laser band and have been using it religiously 3X per week after I wash my hair.  I can tell a difference, not so much in the thickness of my hair, but when I feel my scalp, especially around the hairline was when I really noticed it.  

Honored Contributor

I use a laser cap (not hair max) but same technology and it's worked so well, I rarely need to use it anymore. It worked on my husband's bald spot too. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank-you ladies for your replies. You have given me some much needed hope.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use Hair Max?

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

I use a laser cap (not hair max) but same technology and it's worked so well, I rarely need to use it anymore. It worked on my husband's bald spot too. 

My understanding is you have to keep using it or it reverses back. 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

My understanding is you have to keep using it or it reverses back. 

I would not stop using a hair laser b/c the hair will start to thin again at some point.

@GenXmuse 

@Valstybaby 

Respected Contributor

Another vote for the Hairmax.  I've put these embarassing photos on here before, so it won't hurt to do it again.  lol  I don't have severe hair loss, but it was starting.

Unknown.jpgUnknown2.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Thank-you @Ainhisg @for sharing your progress. I have diffuse thinning. My left side looks ok, but the right side is obviously thinner. I will be getting my hair cut shorter so the length doesn't show off the thinning. 

I am hoping to break the cycle of thinning hair. I have tons of hair growing in, but it sheds before it can all get longer. I have hope the Hair Max will work for me.

I am prepared to use a laser device forever. Three times a week is not a huge commitment for me.