Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use Calista Pro Perfector?

@tsavorite wrote:
I am tempted by this but am wondering is there something similar out at ulta? I did check but the ones they have seem different and people said to wear a glove. I am a major clutz and have burned my forehead 2 times with curling iron...wont use that ever again. I have med hair..very curly frizzy...I use a 2inch boar round brush to blow out hair...and am tired 1/2 way t hur lol. If I could smooth and keep some bounce using this in 1.5inch size that would be worth it but hate another return if all it does is get tangled in my haystack hair.

Any dupes out there ladies? Else the pink 1.5 is calling my name

@tsavorite 

Yes, there is a dupe. In fact I bought a dupe before I got my Calista. The dupe I bought has a  1-1/4-inch barrel. The heat control is the biggest difference...it has Hi and Lo, not digital like the Calista. But for what it cost me I think it works just about the same as the expensive Calista. The dupe is made by InStyler. It's not the hybrid with the flat iron but the one that is only a round brush. 

InStyler Ionic Ceramic Hot Brush Styler  $40

71VIs38VAsL._SX522_.jpg

Respected Contributor

Thank you....going to look for this instead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx  I had the same problem at first and I have short hair.  I finally realized that I needed to go up on the heat setting and then everything was fine.  Give it a try.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

i love mine!! there is a learning curve, so give it a chance. i wish it was easier, to clean.

Honored Contributor

It's an expensive curling iron with teeth.  This type of appliance works best on shorter hair. 

Long hair can get tangled in it, so you have to be careful.  If you ever used curlers in your hair, this appliance is used the same way.  You "roll" your  hair up in it.

IMO, I think it is way, way too expensive.  I have a similar product made by Conair that  costs around $20.  It has 25 different heat settings, so it can be set to a warm setting to use on wigs or to use on white hair so that your hair doesn't burn, or you can make it hotter for thick or course hair.

It heats up super fast under the turbo setting.

C5C55621-311C-4C21-85A6-C06DCE67E268.jpeg77A0692A-9948-461B-B2A2-764AB42AD2D2.jpeg