Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone try the LipSense lip products by SeneGence?

@FUTURE wrote:

Hey, @HappyDaze! I've tried a few shades, and gave all but my favorite 2 to my mother. My issue with LipSense is that it's drying. I tend to have drier lips, but they do ok with my current routine. LipSense just really dried them out. I've heard that you have to wear it exclusively for a week or two so that your lips get accustomed to it, but I didn't want to tough it out for that long. Maybe I should've..... Lol! I do think they are great when you MUST have something long-wearing, but not for me for everyday. If you plan to order online, be sure to look at swatches on actual people, bc the color on the site is not true to life! HTH!!

@FUTURE thanks! Yeah, it does not surprise me it would be drying with all that alcohol in it. I was told about using it exclusively yadda yadda but that is just not right, lol. There is no way I can use just one lip product exclusively. Smiley Wink I have been trying to find some really good swatches of the lighter pink and more mauve colors but those are hard to find- most real life swatches are of the more berry, plum and red colors which I don't want.

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
I bought a tube and a tube of the gloss last year and I liked them. I recently thought about ordering another of the same color because it's almost gone, pomegranate is the color. Anyway, I haven't reorders because it cost $40 for the two tubes. It's a bit pricey but it does stay on.

@NativeJax thanks for the feedback. I may try it if I can find a color that I think would work okay and use it only in times I really need something to stay put. I just don't want them to dry the heck out of my lips.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC solicitation, against standards.

Contributor

Hello HappyDaze!  I'm so embarrassed that I didn't respond earlier to your follow-up question.  (Obviously, I don't spend time in the Forums regularly!)  Anyway, I was wondering if you've tried LipSense and, if so, how you like it.  To answer your question FINALLY, the lip color does not smear when you apply lip gloss or lip balm over it.  That has been my experience, at least.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if Lipsense has small samples to try?  I want to try, but it's too expensive to keep trying to find the right color. 

TIA

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

Does anyone know if Lipsense has small samples to try?  I want to try, but it's too expensive to keep trying to find the right color. 

TIA

@Sunshine Kate I don't know if LipSense had traditional samples, but my rep gave me her entire collection, along with tons of disposable applicators to try any colors I wanted to try.  Also, they do have a 100% money back guarantee if you are not happy with your purchase.  HTH 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

TIA

@Sunshine Kate I don't know if LipSense had traditional samples, but my rep gave me her entire collection, along with tons of disposable applicators to try any colors I wanted to try.  Alos, they do have a 100% money back guarantee if you are not happy with your purchase.  HTH 😊

Thank you for the info. about the money back guarantee.  That's good to know if I choose a color that won't work for me.  

The lady I spoke to about it didn't tell me that.