Regular Contributor

Anyone try gel nails at home ?

I just got my gel nails done. I get them once in a while. I would like to try at home. Any particular unit that's good ?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone try gel nails at home ?

As far as I can tell, all the at-home kits have the same light-weight LED lamp, including Mally's system. Sensationail from Nailene is the set I've used. Walmart, Walgreens, etc., sell the starter set for abt $50. There are usually coupons available. Many shades are available on eBay and Amazon.

Clear directions. Does last. Difficult to remove.

Contributor

I got the complete set from Mally which works great! I do however prefer Sally Hansen's gel colors and they are less expensive. I bought the Mally set for my daughter and granddaughter and they both love it as well. The Mally light works very well.

Super Contributor

a bit O/T, but at Christmas I thought I'd be cutsie and use red and green nail polish. Welll, just bought wee bottles at Wmart and I guess they were gel. {#emotions_dlg.scared} think only the green were gel. HOW DOES ONE GO ABOUT GETTING IT OFF?!?!?!? won't do that again. needless to say I don't know much about the gel stuff. thought you might get a kick out of my cutsie nails?!?!?