Super Contributor

Re: Anyone tried the new Lancome ""serum"" type foundation?

Thanks for answering Golden and Ryleigh! Yes, I can see both of your points.

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Just curious, how often do you go bare-faced, if at all?

The reason why I ask is because I haven't always had "perfect" skin - it wasn't until I started cutting down the number of days that I wore foundation that I found my skin to be clearer and less riddled with issues.

It actually used to be combination leaning towards oily, very hyper-pigmented, and prone to acne.

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 ryleighbell94 said:

The reason why I ask is because I haven't always had "perfect" skin - it wasn't until I started cutting down the number of days that I wore foundation that I found my skin to be clearer and less riddled with issues.

It actually used to be combination leaning towards oily, very hyper-pigmented, and prone to acne.

M-F, but I try not to wear makeup on the weekends (if I don't have any plans, that is). I have rosacea and a lot of hyper-pigmentation due to years of tanning in my teens and 20s.

Ryleigh - I know you're young, so if I can encourage you to do just one thing for your skin today that your 32 year old self will thank you for - it would be to stay out of the sun! I so wish I had listened to everyone who tried to tell me this when I was in my 20s! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 ryleighbell94 said:

M-F, but I try not to wear makeup on the weekends (if I don't have any plans, that is). I have rosacea and a lot of hyper-pigmentation due to years of tanning in my teens and 20s.

Ryleigh - I know you're young, so if I can encourage you to do just one thing for your skin today that your 32 year old self will thank you for - it would be to stay out of the sun! I so wish I had listened to everyone who tried to tell me this when I was in my 20s! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Haha thank you for the advice, I'll take it to heart! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I actually can't even be in the sun for extended periods of time without turning lobster red, nor have I ever gotten a fake tan, so it shouldn't be too hard {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I guess it's kind of a blessing in disguise that I'm a true porcelain gal - I blend into white walls and I'm always more cognizant about sun damage because I know I'll turn colors {#emotions_dlg.lol}