Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Anyone tried the new Futurist foundation from Estée Lauder?

[ Edited ]

I used the previous Futurist for years. Best foundation for dry skin bar none. Full coverage, natural looking,never settles into lines or made me looked wrinkled, no transfer, 12 hour wear, perfect shades. Then it was discontinued. Now, Lauder has a new a Futurist with completely different ingredients. Has anyone here tried it? I've been eyeing it at EL online but it ha  buildable coverage and I can't decide what shade I'd wear.

Today, I wore my Lancome Renergie foundation,. Nice color, for dry skin and doesn't settle into lines but coverage is medium,  it transfers and it wears off quickly. a Just looked at Lancôme's website and Renergie is not there. Hope this isn't being discontinued.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone tried the new Futist foundation from Estée Lauder?

@Mindy D wrote:

I used the previous Fyturist for years. Best foundation for dry skin bar none. Full coverage, natural looking,never settles into lines or made me looked wrinkled, no transfer, 12 hour wear, perfect shades. Then it was discontinued. Now, Lauder has a new a Futurist with completely different ingredients. Has anyone here tried it? I've been eyeing it at EL online but it ha  buildable coverage and I can't decide what shade I'd wear.

Today, I wore my Lancome Renergie foundation,. Nice color, for dry skin and doesn't settle into lines but coverage is medium,  it transfers and it wears off quickly. a Just looked at Lancôme's website and Renergie is not there. Hope this isn't being discontinued.

@Mindy D , It's funny you should ask, I just used it for the first time today. It is natural looking and I used very little and applied it with a beauty blender. I ordered it mainly because I have dry skin, and this make-up goes on smoothly and there was no settling in lines. I'm not sure that the color is right, but that is my issue.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Futurist has fragrance so I passed on it. Unfortunately, my sensitive skin just cannot tolerate fragrance in skin care or makeup products.

Trusted Contributor

This foundation has great reviews online and on YouTube.  I have purchased it twice.  I have combo skin that needs a lot of coverage so I find it works best when I mix it with my Estee Lauder Double Wear.  The Futurist thins down the coverage a bit and the DW makes it a little less luminous.

I don't find the fragrance to be stong and if you have dry skin and want buildable coverage I would definitely recommend trying it.  If you can't get to a store for a sample, the Sephora website has a foundation matcher where you enter other foundations you like and it gives you the closest match.

I actually use the same shade Ecru in both the DW and the Futurist, but the colors don't match exactly.  However, lucky for me, when I mix them together I get the perfect color match and the perfect coverage.  Love them!

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone tried the new Futurist foundation from Estée Lauder?

[ Edited ]

I got a sample of Futurist and had an awful reaction! I've used other EL products and never had a problem so there's clearly some ingredient(s) that my skin doesn't like. Futurist made my dry skin beyond extra dry to the point where it was flaking terribly after an hour of putting it on. Once I washed it off, my skin was red and raw. I read a handful of reviews online describing this same reaction in other people. So odd. 

Honored Contributor

There are quite a few Youtubers who mention this foundation.  I was going to give it a whirl but then one last week mentioned it had a fragrance to it and that was enough for me to pass.

Contributor

I have it and love it. Goes on smooth and has an spf boost. I got a better color match than my IT CC cream also.
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D , I love it. My skin is dry and I am 70 years old which of course that has nothing to do with anything. It has a medium coverage which gives a beautiful glow to the skin. For anyone who does not have dry skin, I would not recommend it. It also wears beautifully throughout the day.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   I have not tried it but then my skin is normal.  I recently purchased Bobbi Brown's new foundation liquid to powder that is sweatproof (love it), long wear, matte finish.  This foundation is actually for Normal to oily skin.  Now Bobbi Brown has a foundation serum that I have heard from ladies on this forum love.  For dry skin so you may want to check it out.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Estée Lauder Futurist Hydra Rescue Moisturizing Makeup SPF 45

I love it...I tried a sample just before the store closed due to the virus...so I ordered on line.  I love the coverage and my skin is really dry and leaves a nice finish.