Trusted Contributor

Anyone tried the No. 7 protect and perfect foundation?

The reviews are very good but I can't find it.  Supposedly Walgreens carries it but the ones I've been to have none of their makeup products, only their skincare products.  Would appreciate feedback if anybody's used this. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone tried the No. 7 protect and perfect foundation?

I’m tempted. It strikes me as being a drugstore dupe for IT.  I’m just having a hard time with choosing the right shade. I’m usually a light-medium.  I’m guessing the Cool Beige might be ok, but then I wonder if it could be too dark. 

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab  Target carries it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I’d like to know as well. The demo I saw on The Doctors was informative and looked good. Found it on line at Target but thought I’d go in our local store and try to pick proper shade.

Honored Contributor

I had high hopes for this but after 30 minutes it looked terrible on my face. 

Respected Contributor

I think Walgreens has testers you can sample. 

I buy Restore and Renew day and night creams from Walgreens...they own Boots#7...so I find the best prices there.  I think I sampled the foundation,  it may have been a luminous finish, shiny, I dont remember but for some reason I turned it down.   I also wear light porcelain shades, that may have been a factor.   Also I like some spf in my foundation...maybe it doesn't have it.

May I add, I found Maybelline has a foundation spf 50, lots of shades...so for the price, I figured why not?

I happen to like it...its sheer, but very buildable for more coverage.   For me, I'm pleased to alternate with this, and high priced mall names, like Lancome which I use, Regenergie foundation, about $47.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you @GenXmuse for your input. You are the only person to offer input.  I’m gonna take a pass.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Thank you @GenXmuse for your input. You are the only person to offer input.  I’m gonna take a pass.

You're very welcome. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

May I ask if you mean the foundation was settling in the pores or wrinkles?  Shiny slippery looking?  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

May I ask if you mean the foundation was settling in the pores or wrinkles?  Shiny slippery looking?  

You could see patches of it that didn't settle in and the the parts, that did made my pores and wrinkles more pronounced. I have normal to dry skin with redness and it did nothing to cover it. Just wasn't meant to be!