Valued Contributor

Anyone tried Physicians Formula cushion foundation??

I am looking for a new cruelty-free foundation with a high SPF.  Any suggestions would be very welcome!  (I am fair with neutral undertones).  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone tried Physicians Formula cushion foundation??

No, I haven't but I'm going to. I have watched a couple of beauty reviews of women 50 and older on you tube who give it high praise.

Respected Contributor

If you're talking about the one in the blue compact I actually tried it and really liked the foundation itself, what I didn't like was the delivery. Trying to squeeze foundation out of a sponge and onto another sponge was a pain in the butt. Plus it was kind of pricey for how quickly I used it up. I might repurchase it if I can't find another cruelty free option that I like better, or if I can get it for a good price. I just don't understand the whole concept of the cushion, why not just make it a cream or something?

Valued Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

No, I haven't but I'm going to. I have watched a couple of beauty reviews of women 50 and older on you tube who give it high praise.

That is how I first got interested in this foundation.  I watched a video by Little Poet and another by RXSTRMOM.  Both really loved this formula.

I think I will give this a try.  Will post my impression of it later.  Please let us know what you think of it as well, if you decide to try it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

If you're talking about the one in the blue compact I actually tried it and really liked the foundation itself, what I didn't like was the delivery. Trying to squeeze foundation out of a sponge and onto another sponge was a pain in the butt. Plus it was kind of pricey for how quickly I used it up. I might repurchase it if I can't find another cruelty free option that I like better, or if I can get it for a good price. I just don't understand the whole concept of the cushion, why not just make it a cream or something?

@rnmom

I agree!  The system seems very wasteful and awkward!  I thought the makeup was pretty good but don't see the point of the sponge thing.  I mean you can't apply it directly to your face???!!!  You either have to dig your fingers in or use a brush or another sponge.  I won't buy it again because of all of this.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Totally agree.  I would prefer a cream in a tube (more hygienic and easier to use).