Contributor

Anyone tried Nioxin 3 step system for fine thinning hair?

I want to try it but pricey at Ulta

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone tried Nioxin 3 step system for fine thinning hair?

I did use a Nioxin shampoo a few years back, due to a medical issue I was dealing with,

Worked excellent. Must use daily to see results.

I also had something of theirs for the "roots only" also, a leave in spritz.

All this was recommended by my hair stylist at the time. Excellent advice for me.

I know their formulas used to be numbered, you know 1 thru ?, depending on the issues at hand. I started with the strongest and kept using that one.

* Remember - use everyday day! Reguardless if your hair NEEDS shampooing or not.

Be patient, it will take a little time! Good Luck!
Hope this was helpful, and I hope their products work for you!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Find it cheap on ebay. Must use minimum of 3 times a week, per CS at Nioxin. 

Valued Contributor

I tried this system for an entire year, did nothing. But I do know a few people who swear by it. Maybe it depends on what the cause of thinning hair is.

Occasional Contributor

I used the Philip Kingsley 3-step system, after hair loss from a steroid prescription, and it worked well for me.  In the first round (that is, use of the first set of bottles), I was able to see the results with new hair growing in.  Philip Kingsley is a british brand but they have a US website and it is also available on net-a-porter at normal prices.  Other online retailers sell it, but the prices are inflated. Interestingly, it is sold on QVC UK.  It would be nice if it was offered on QVC here.

Valued Contributor

I tried Nioxin several years ago.  It dried my hair out terribly, and I did not see any difference/improvement in thinning.  

It did not work for me.

Honored Contributor

I've not used the line but frequent the beauty aisles at the TJ Maxx and Marshall's stores when they're open and often see various of these products there. I'd be willing to be they're less costly than most other sellers.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...