Esteemed Contributor

Anyone tried Biossance skin care

Thinking about trying some new skin care. This brand looks interesting. Anyone tried it. They have a samplers set I was thinking of trying.
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone tried Biossance skin care

@ccassaday 

Hi ! Yes , I do use Biossance . It is a great brand but a bit expensive . I am currently using their Squalane Aloe gentle cleanser  I use it at night as my second cleanse . I also use their BHA Toner . I purchased a kit that included the squalene probiotic gel moisturizer . It's great but at $52 its expensive for my budget . I still have oily acne prone skin ,even though I will soon be 59 . Everything I sampled was a winner . The brand is cruelty free and excellent ingredients . They have several kits to really test the products and see what works for you .  I would definetly recommend them for their quality and ingredients but $54 for eye cream and $72 for squalane vit c oil was a bitout of my price range . 

Have a great day !  

Esteemed Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@ccassaday 

Hi ! Yes , I do use Biossance . It is a great brand but a bit expensive . I am currently using their Squalane Aloe gentle cleanser  I use it at night as my second cleanse . I also use their BHA Toner . I purchased a kit that included the squalene probiotic gel moisturizer . It's great but at $52 its expensive for my budget . I still have oily acne prone skin ,even though I will soon be 59 . Everything I sampled was a winner . The brand is cruelty free and excellent ingredients . They have several kits to really test the products and see what works for you .  I would definetly recommend them for their quality and ingredients but $54 for eye cream and $72 for squalane vit c oil was a bitout of my price range . 

Have a great day !  

Defintely need to use a coupon. Right now I use the Paula's choice super antioxident serum for day and the retinol buchinol at night. When those are gone I was thinking of trying the oil. Saw on YouTube someone said it will last 8 months or so. Thr moisturizer looks interesting but yeah it's expensive. I don't know if I should just go buy the olay total effects when my current one is gone. That's why I thought the little sampler pack would be good. Can see if any of the stuff is worth it before spending a ton.

New Contributor

I've been using Biossance for about the last 9 months. I am 67 with combination skin and a T-zone that gets shiny pretty quickly. I also have very sensitive eyes and a LOT of products (skin care, makeup, hair) make my eyes water. I'm very slow to try new products and will generally only add 1 new thing at a time. I started with the Overachievers set since I'm usually most interested in nighttime regimes. I like the Squalane + Lactic Acid Resurfacing Night Serum with the Squalane + Omega Repair Cream on top. I tried the Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer on top of the Night Serum but that wasn't quite moisturizing enough for me for nighttime. I would say the Gel Moisturizer would be more of a daytime moisturizer depending on your skin type. I liked those products so much (my skin seemed smoother and more even) I bought the Squalane + Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum to try during the day when I'm at home (nothing on top). I like that a lot also and did see additional improvement in the smoothness and evenness of my skin when I added that. Nothing I have tried in this line has made my eyes water - a huge plus as far as I'm concerned. The travel sets, samples, and kits are definitely a good way to try their products and they do offer a fair amount of specials/gifts with purchase and have a rewards club.

Other products I have tried in the line:

Squalane + Amino Acid Gentle Cleanser - Liked this, but I still have my previous cleansers and probably won't switch since I'm happy with them and they're cheaper. (AM: YES to Cucumbers Daily Gentle Milk Cleanser, PM: CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser).

Squalane + Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum - recent purchase, not sure yet. I've previously used The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides and Isomers Copper P and like both of them so this one has a lot to live up to.

Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil - I didn't think this was anything special but in all fairness I generally don't use or like facial oils.

Squalane + Marine Algae Eye Cream - having problems with puffy eyes way before I started trying this line (allergies, who knows), this didn't help that but I only tried it a few times and then discontinued, so it wasn't a fair trial.

Sorry for the long post.  Hope this helps.
Valued Contributor

@ccassaday @kgt 

Good morning ! I received an email from Biossance website . Tehy are having their Memorial day sale starting today . $25 off purchases of $75 dollars or more. If you use Rakuten/Ebates they are giving 10% . Biossance also has a 60 day return policy . If you were interested in trying it's a great time to try . Have a great day .

Contributor

Hi everyone!

Dont usually respond on here, but i too also found Biossance about a year ago.  I wasn't expecting anything special, but I was delighted with the changes in my skin.

I am a senior (over 70) who has always taken care of her skin and have tried high end as well as drug store brands.   I also bought one of their "sets" to give the products a try. They run sales very often, and a lot of the time they offer travel size sets for free with full size products which gave me the chance to try other products.

Give the products a try, I have switched over to basically all of their products!

Valued Contributor

@ccassaday - I tried a sampler of their products a couple of months ago when they were having a big sale. All items but one were fine but nothing special for my skin. The only problem I had was with the new Vitamin C serum. My mild roscea and dry skin reacted really poorly to it—i.e., itching and notable redness. The moisturizers and eye cream that came in the sampler were fine but again, nothing special for my skin so I decided not to order new skincare from them. 

Valued Contributor

I recently purchased their marine eye cream and like it. I bought on sale for $34.