Super Contributor

Anyone taking advantage of the 6 easy pay on beauty?

I'm tempted to get a few things I want/need, but then realizing I'll still be paying for them until February makes me hesistate. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone taking advantage of the 6 easy pay on beauty?

I am taking a break from EZ Pay, it is frustrating to always get a bill for my Q Card, never ends.  I have decided to just do the 1 time payment and not drag out the pain.  This way I think I am a little more in control, and think twice before ordering anything. 

Honored Contributor

I thought about it. But I really don't need anything right now. My stuff is on auto so that's taken care of already. Today would be a good "try-me" day,  however. I'm just keeping on eye on spending at the moment. It's tempting!Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

I've been thinking about this, too.

I'd love to pick up a few things but I really don't want to keep paying until after the holidays.

I'm definitely getting the Wen TSV, except I want to go on A-D - which means if I go the Easy Pay route, the payments would overlap. In this case, I'm forgoing Easy Pay. I'm happy with the TSV price and the free S&H. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

6 months for a beauty item is just too long for me. If you get the TSV on auto, it comes every 3 months, so that's a 6 month period where you're paying for this one and the next one.

I'll do 6 months on an appliance like a vacuum or a multi-cooker, but I don't like to for beauty items. If I wanted an expensive hair dryer or tool, I might, but I use a $30 dryer a few days a month to dry my bangs and that's about it, so a high-end dryer isn't a good investment for me. Smiley Happy

I wish they had an option like HSN, where you can choose your own number of Flex Pays from none up to the max on that item.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't think so. 

I had been planning to treat myself myself to a new fall eyeshadow palette - Mally's Muted Muse one, which is on sale right now, but I watched the video again & decided I won't get it at after all. If all or most of the shades had been matte I would have got it. I need more mattes, have too many shimmery ones.

Honored Contributor

@meginthemaking wrote:

I've been thinking about this, too.

I'd love to pick up a few things but I really don't want to keep paying until after the holidays.

I'm definitely getting the Wen TSV, except I want to go on A-D - which means if I go the Easy Pay route, the payments would overlap. In this case, I'm forgoing Easy Pay. I'm happy with the TSV price and the free S&H. Smiley Happy

@todaysrx, I noticed that same thing and we made the same choice.

There's one more option people most people aren't aware of or don't remember. You can pay off an easy pay item at any time. You can buy the item on the 6-easy pays and pay some of the installments, then pay off the rest before the next AD arrives. I've done that before, especially on items where the Easy Pays are around $10. I've seen Q have a $20 item on 5-6 Easy Pays on Easy Does it Day and I think that's just silly.

Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

I'm tempted to get a few things I want/need, but then realizing I'll still be paying for them until February makes me hesistate. 

You can go in & finish paying any time you want to.

I like easy pay on things I haven't tried before. If I need to return something it ties up less of my money. Once I know I like it & will keep it I can go in and finish paying for it. 

Super Contributor

@willdob3

I've stopped using shimmery too. I don't know how you feel about IT, but the two large pallettes that are all matte are really nice. My favorite is the Romantics. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MercysMom wrote:

@willdob3

I've stopped using shimmery too. I don't know how you feel about IT, but the two large pallettes that are all matte are really nice. My favorite is the Romantics. 

@MercysMom

I saw those palettes at ULTA about a week ago & was very interested. I think I'll go back for a closer look soon. I know the Romantics was one of the ones I liked best. I can't remember the name of the other one. It is so hard to find nice matte colors!

I might have to watch for a good sale price!