Honored Contributor

Anyone subscribe to the Sephora Beauty Box?

Do you like it? I already subscribe to Macy's Beauty Box, and I like that one. Was also thinking about Sephora or Ipsy....Anyone subscribe to either? Opinions? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone subscribe to the Sephora Beauty Box?

Are you talking about Sephora play, lots of small samples not worth the money

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

I subscribe to the Sephora Beauty Box and like it.  I invariably buy, in full size from them, one of the products from the box.  That costs me, but also gives me products that I did not know about.  Nevertheless, it gives me a chance to try out and order what I like.  I also get the Walmart beauty box, which is at a lower price, as only a $5.00 shipping charge is applied, but this box has pros and cons.  Some things I like and others I don't.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got it for a couple months and cancelled it--there are too many samples of stuff I would never use--awful matte lipsticks, terrible perfumes , gawd awful eye shadows-----a waste of $$. . I do buy the Dermstore beauty box and it is really good. Most are full sized things and last time one of them was retail priced at $75. I think it cost $25

New Contributor

I used to, it was the first one I subscribed to.  I've also had Birchbox (not worth it), Allure (okay), Macy's (better), ipsy (good), yes oh yas (blah), Walmart (for price, I like it) and Boxycharm (like).  For samples, Sephora Play, Allure, Ispy, Walmart (although it's quarterly) and even Target (although it's not a sub, you have to order each month).  You get a 50 pt bonus card on your next purchase in-store or online from Sephora.  I liked the coupon from Macy's better though.  I think Target has a coupon too.  Boxycharm is full size products.  Used to be all makeup but they are doing more skin care now, it's $21/mo.  Ipsy's regular box is $10 which is usually samples or they now have a Ipsy Plus which is $25/mo and all full size products.  I would suggest Ipsy over Sephora Play but try them all out to see what you like.  They are all easy to cancel with the exception of maybe Allure.  You can buy Allure from Amazon too.  Watch unboxings on YouTube to see what's been in previous boxes OR go to www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com and they review every box imaginable.  You'll be amazed of what boxes are out there.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did it for about two years. It was fun at first, but I often wound up with samples I wouldn't or couldn't use, like products with ingredients I avoid or am allergic to, foundation testers that didn't match my skin, lipstick shades I would never wear. There were a few things I liked and bought in full sizes, but considering I got about 24 boxes, only really liking a handful of items wasn't worth it and I canceled.

I think their focus is on women under 40, so there were a lot of bright colors, sparkles, and products that were not for me.