Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone still using Ethocyn?

@SilleeMee wrote:

Ethocyn is a brand name of a type of retinoid (retinyl palmitate).

Retinyl Palmitate is IN Ethocyn, but it is not Ethocyn.  The ingredient claimed to be Ethocyn is Ethoxyhexyl-Bicyclooctanone which it claims specifically to increase the synthesis of elastin.

The full list of ingredients is: Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Squalane, Dimethicone Ethoxyhexyl-Bicyclooctanone, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Evening Primrose Oil

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I stopped using it years ago.  After HSN stopped selling it, I was able to get it on Ebay for awhile, but it got to be harder and harder to find.  Didn't know you could get it directly from Ethocyn, but I probably wouldn't pay full price for it anyways.  I didn't even realize the company was still in business.

@Icegoddess  

I think Ethocyn went out of business in 2021. The end of 2020 or early 2021  I got an email stating if you wanted any Ethocyn product, to order it now. Sadly, I did not open the email until I was cleaning out my new email folder months later.

I had ordered Ethocyn on 11/25/20. And thought it was just an email pertaining to my order, My regret.

Honored Contributor

It just reminded me of the late Polly Bergen who was the rep on HSN for it, and later it was Joyce DeWitt. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Retinyl Palmitate is IN Ethocyn, but it is not Ethocyn.  The ingredient claimed to be Ethocyn is Ethoxyhexyl-Bicyclooctanone which it claims specifically to increase the synthesis of elastin.

The full list of ingredients is: Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Squalane, Dimethicone Ethoxyhexyl-Bicyclooctanone, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Evening Primrose Oil

@Icegoddess 

Yes, you're right! My error. I deleted my post if you haven't already noticed.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Yes, you're right! My error. I deleted my post if you haven't already noticed.

@SilleeMee no problem. No, I hadn't noticed. Been out and about doing things and hadn't been back since my last post.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee , that was when I first started becoming interested in the ingredients in my products, so I started documenting them and what they did (or were claimed to do).  Ehthocyn was #6 in my database.  That's the only reason I had that info.  Retinyl Palmitate wasn't in their moisturizer or eye cream.  Interestingly, at least to me, I see that Sodium Hyaluronate was in their moisturizer, long before that ingredient was being touted to the general public.