Super Contributor

Anyone purchase during Friday Night Beauty?

I was thinking about the Hand MD, sunny climate, but I don't know if it would be any better than the Sweet Almond oil that I use.

I wish QVC would talk a little more about ingredients, or list them on the website.

Maybe I should just wear cotton gloves when I drive.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone purchase during Friday Night Beauty?

Yes, more ingredient discussion! They have really been crazy about those, IMO, meaningless clinicals. Would have been very interested to hear why that hand cream is great and exactly what makes it worth $50.

That Dr. Denese 3 PC kit seemed to be a great value. If I loved it I would def scoop up that.

Super Contributor

I recently read a reference to the parasols and gloves coming out in the spring/summer in Hong Kong -- I THINK they were talking about current day! I look at my hands and remember my mother's, and she wore gloves all her life until the 1960's I think. Good looking hands until the day she died. Sooooo -- cotton gloves may not be a bad idea! I've actually started wearing high zinc sun block over my hand cream. Wish I'd begun that years ago when I began religiously wearing sunblock.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Dupe -- sorry.
Super Contributor

BellaCarro,

I can't tell you how many beauty items I have passed on because I don't want to waste money on shipping and handling if I don't know what's in the product.

Many people have allergies to various things, I just don't understand why they can't at list name the top 5 ingredients listed, or at least on the webpage.

I ordered the Kate Summerville TSV, but I had to go to Kate Summerville's website to get the ingredients to then order from the Q because of the TSV, how is that convenient?

Super Contributor

On 5/9/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I recently read a reference to the parasols and gloves coming out in the spring/summer in Hong Kong -- I THINK they were talking about current day! I look at my hands and remember my mother's, and she wore gloves all her life until the 1960's I think. Good looking hands until the day she died. Sooooo -- cotton gloves may not be a bad idea! I've actually started wearing high zinc sun block over my hand cream. Wish I'd begun that years ago when I began religiously wearing sunblock.

Maren,

You're doing better than me with the spf, plus if your in Seattle, the weather is better less anti aging, the the sunny California hot sun. Love Love Seattle BTW!

I think I'm going to get some of those white cotton manicure gloves and just keep them in the car for driving.

Honored Contributor

I don't even think it has an SPF in it. Good idea but can't you just use your regular facial serums/moisturizer to treat your hands? I do. Every skincare product I put on my face I also apply to the back of my hands, including sunscreen.

Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 Dublingrl said:

Maren,

You're doing better than me with the spf, plus if your in Seattle, the weather is better less anti aging, the the sunny California hot sun. Love Love Seattle BTW!

I think I'm going to get some of those white cotton manicure gloves and just keep them in the car for driving.

Not a bad idea regarding the gloves. Geez, my DD, 15, would have a cow, though. I'm sure that would be way too embarrasing and "akward".

I was surprised to see the ingredients listed on the hand cream product here. Nothing seemed amazing to me. I always put a little of whatever serums, etc I am using on my face am and pm. I think I'm about as covered or more in comparison to the hand product.

Super Contributor

Maren,

Nope, we're in the same boat, Dublingrl. UVA rays penetrate clouds (and windows) easily, so as long as it's not night time, I'm getting about the same amount of UVA daily as you are. The UVB rays are what are affected by cloud cover, so yeah, you're getting a lot more of those! :-).

Wearing gloves is a good idea. Easier to get away with (especially while in our car) that walking down the street carrying a parasol! :-)

Super Contributor

On 5/9/2014 BellaCarro said:

Maren,

Not a bad idea regarding the gloves. Geez, my DD, 15, would have a cow, though. I'm sure that would be way too embarrasing and "akward".

I was surprised to see the ingredients listed on the hand cream product here. Nothing seemed amazing to me. I always put a little of whatever serums, etc I am using on my face am and pm. I think I'm about as covered or more in comparison to the hand product.

I checked out the ingredients first time I saw it aired, and like you, didn't see anything that blew me away. There are a lot of really good hand creams out there. And I think using our face serums on our hands helps a lot, too!