Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering the Philosophy TSV?

I thought the TSV was a nice configuration, but I refrained because I have a few bottles of unopened cleansers (which I really should get to), and I recently purchased Josie Maran's Protect & Perfect and her Face Butter, so my summer moisturizering needs were taken care of.  

Honored Contributor

It was an easy pass for me.

Purity does not remove all of my make-up.  I have also had good luck and bad luck with other Philosophy skincare products so it was an easy choice for me. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Broke down and bought it. My purity has run out wanted to try the tint and the cream. Even though I have down my foundations and rotate around my beloved HG MAC face & body. My skin has been so dry lately I'm needing moisturizing foundations. LOVE the last Bareminerals TSV, so will combine these 2 TSVs for my summer routine. 

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Good morning and thank you for replying.  I did end up going with the beige because I'm really a medium with a golden (yellow) undertone, not a golden tan complexion as you mention.  I am always leary about "medium" shades because they tend to be neutral or pink undertoned but what I've read about this lead me not to believe the beige shade of this is pink/neutral. 

The tan shade in this looks and from what I read was described as being rather dark so I decided against it.

What cinched the deal was seeing Jennifer Coffey's presentation saying she was wearing the beige and she looked quite golden and definitely deep enough for a medium (beige) shade so I went with it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

Thank you again!

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  Good morning and thank you for replying.  I did end up going with the beige because I'm really a medium with a golden (yellow) undertone, not a golden tan complexion as you mention.  I am always leary about "medium" shades because they tend to be neutral or pink undertoned but what I've read about this lead me not to believe the beige shade of this is pink/neutral. 

The tan shade in this looks and from what I read was described as being rather dark so I decided against it.

What cinched the deal was seeing Jennifer Coffey's presentation saying she was wearing the beige and she looked quite golden and definitely deep enough for a medium (beige) shade so I went with it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

Thank you again!

I hope it works for you too! I love it,  I have combination skin, so I do have to wear Mineral Veil or Byebye Pores powder over it.......It is a nice light look for summer!

Valued Contributor

I got mine today and it's perfect ! I wanted something that looked natural and this worked , love it and the highlighter is the best I've tried. 

Trusted Contributor

@Cookie777 wrote:

I got mine today and it's perfect ! I wanted something that looked natural and this worked , love it and the highlighter is the best I've tried. 

What shade did you get and what is your skintone? 

I was unsure about ordering the beige or the tan as reviews said the shades ran dark.  I am a medium with golden undertones and ordered the beige after much debate.  Thank you in advance.. 

Valued Contributor

I ordered the lightest shade, ( sand) . I usually order the light in foundation, not the lightest, but the one just a bit lighter than medium. It was the perfect shade for me. I'm really happy I ordered.