Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering the Philosophy TSV?

I had ordered and then cancelled. I was unsure of the renew skin tint. I figured I could get a sample and then make a decision on which color. I don't want to take a chance. Returns are very costly. I am not that thrilled with the glow drops.

Did anyone notice that when Mari Lynn used the brush on her hand, there were hairs on her hand.  She quickly brushed them off and went on. Since this was the first use, can you imagine what will happen on a regular basis. This is a throw away item.

I bought the Maneater Tarte collection that was offered. I really like the Tarte products. They have a finishing powder that I really like called Smooth Operator.

Respected Contributor

About 10 years ago I had a bottle of Philos something, maybe it was purity that had 'turned.'  The product had a very bad color and odor and it was not old, I had bought it after we moved into our new home- and was rebuilding my "stash"

When I called Philosophy about it I was treated so poorly, they basically accused me of running a scam; I decided at THAT moment I would never buy another product!  I have kept my word, they did not get another dime from me in 10 yrs.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

It's a great value but I am passing.  I purchased the skin tint from Ulta and returned it.  It was to greasy on me.  I would of liked to try the liquid highlighter though.

I was afraid my greasy old face wouldn't do well with it.  I am over 60 and STILL have oily skin.  Who knew?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ruthbe wrote:

I would however it contains Purity and I cannot use Purity.  Burns my eyes really BAD and dries out my skin.  I guess I'm one of the few that just does not like Purity.  Just does not seem worth it to not use a major product in the kit.

I thought I was the only one @ruthbe. I cannot use Purity either.  No burn, but it makes my face break out in tiny bumps almost immediately. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you....and I thought I was the only one that had negative issues Purity.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN

I almost did out of curiosity of the tint but then decided not. 

I would have worn a stronger SPF under it, Josie's, but then I thought, if I want to use a fluid, I can just use my IT CC cream so why would I need another product that is similar. 

The glow does not interest me in the least, I have thrown out so many in the past. 

I don't understand why they are using the term "ampoule"  as it's a regular plastic tube with a regular plastic cap. It's not an ampoule by any stretch. 

They just make it up as they wish without worrying about whether it's correct. Whatever. 

Edited to add what I forgot to write. The biggest reason that I didn't order it is because the tints go from porcelain to medium. I am a Light, and they completely skipped over that shade. I'm kind of glad, gives me a good reason not to buy. 

Super Contributor

@elated wrote:

I had ordered and then cancelled. I was unsure of the renew skin tint. I figured I could get a sample and then make a decision on which color. I don't want to take a chance. Returns are very costly. I am not that thrilled with the glow drops.

Did anyone notice that when Mari Lynn used the brush on her hand, there were hairs on her hand.  She quickly brushed them off and went on. Since this was the first use, can you imagine what will happen on a regular basis. This is a throw away item.

I bought the Maneater Tarte collection that was offered. I really like the Tarte products. They have a finishing powder that I really like called Smooth Operator.

No, I don't like the skin tint. 

Valued Contributor

Not this time. But, I am ordering A300822, inOrange Pineapple Smoothie and Senorita Margarita. Orange Pineapple will be a new scent, but, the Senorita Margarita will be a second purchase . I love the lime smell. Fantastic. 

Honored Contributor

After careful consideration, I ended up not ordering the TSV. I do like the tint, but can buy that on its own for 39.00, after watching several presentations, I didn't care for the brush, and I knew I wouldn't use the highlighting capsules, and I had just purchased a large Purity a month ago, so I decided not to order...

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am thinking about it, since I already know I love the skin tint. However, about a month ago I just purchased the large Purity,so do not need that, but I can gift that to my daughter, I would love to get the brush and the nighttime cream, not sure I would use the drops, but maybe I would!!!!!!Still thinking about it!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN Curious of the shade of the tint you have?  I'm unsure of going with the beige or tan - they seem to run dark.  I'm on the darker side of medium w/ warm undertone. Thank you in advance!

Sorry just saw your post. Did you end up getting the Beige? I wear Tan, but I have a golden tan complexion, and Honey is too dark for me.....Beige fits the whole spectrum of Medium, I believe.