Honored Contributor

Anyone ordering the Philosophy TSV?

I am thinking about it, since I already know I love the skin tint. However, about a month ago I just purchased the large Purity,so do not need that, but I can gift that to my daughter, I would love to get the brush and the nighttime cream, not sure I would use the drops, but maybe I would!!!!!!Still thinking about it!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering the Philosophy TSV?

Nope.  Not buying.  I have a closet full of skin care products~~I can barely close the door.....

Respected Contributor

No; spf of 20 is not enough for the face. Should be at least 35.

Trusted Contributor

I would however it contains Purity and I cannot use Purity.  Burns my eyes really BAD and dries out my skin.  I guess I'm one of the few that just does not like Purity.  Just does not seem worth it to not use a major product in the kit.

Honored Contributor

It's a great value but I am passing.  I purchased the skin tint from Ulta and returned it.  It was to greasy on me.  I would of liked to try the liquid highlighter though.

Honored Contributor

My derm doc always says SPF 15 is quite sufficient, any more is just marketing ploys. But I dont like that one of the sunscreens used is chemical and gets a very bad rap.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am thinking about it, since I already know I love the skin tint. However, about a month ago I just purchased the large Purity,so do not need that, but I can gift that to my daughter, I would love to get the brush and the nighttime cream, not sure I would use the drops, but maybe I would!!!!!!Still thinking about it!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN Curious of the shade of the tint you have?  I'm unsure of going with the beige or tan - they seem to run dark.  I'm on the darker side of medium w/ warm undertone. Thank you in advance!

New Contributor

No I stopped using Philosophy years ago after Christina sold out to Coty.  Fragrance formulas changed, not the same and they're not keeping up with the science of removing toxins from their skin care.  Notice that you don't see the ingredients listed on the TSV today.  Example Purity still contains both Methylparaben, Propylparaben and Isopropyl alcohol(very drying).  Too many other great organic skin care companies out there that for me to waste money on this any more. Remember, that skin is you largest organ and much of what you put on it get absorbed so choose wisely.  Parabens are a huge No No as they can spur the growth of certain breast cancer cells as they're chemically similar to estrogens and they mimic that effect in your body.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize there was a non super sized TSV.  I'm working on not buying unless I need something.  I don't need anything in the kit.  If I did, I would purchase.

Honored Contributor

@eghtysladyAfter trying a number of other cleansers, I gone back to Purity because everything I tried left me dry.  As for the parabens -  I have no worries after talking with my doctors.  The good thing for me also is that Purity is cheaper than anything else my skin likes except maybe a cake of Dove soap and that doesn't clean my skin as well as Purity.  If I didn't already have a year's stash of it, I'd consider the TSV.