Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering anything from RMS Beauty??

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I ordered the shadow quad w/ lip gloss because it's a Q exclusive. I already have the brow powder w/ brush, the luminizer, the cream blush in the lightest pink shade, the face oil and few other products. Love what I have purchased so far. 

I ordered the shadow quad too. I'm always an easy sell on eyeshadows. Smiley Happy I like that they are talc-free. I hope the colors are flattering and truly do enhance eye color. I'm so weary of shades of brown.

Oh, and I love Carmindy's highlighter. I have extra, which is good considering her products have disappeared off QVC's site.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

The highlighter looks interesting! I always think they do, and I have purchased a few, and end up never using them, because it takes too much time to get them to look natural!  lol!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN   Many  powder highlighters have too much "sparkle", leave a white cast or just sit on top of the skin near the eye area which accentuates wrinkles. A cream highlighter, however, adds natural moisture (being a cream) and doesn't settle into lines. BTW, any highlighter should be applied just above blush and not near the crowsfeet area. 

@Shanus I actually remember years ago purchasing a Smashbox Cream highlighter that I loved! Don't know what happened to it now, this was back when Holly Mordini was representing the line on QVC.... 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

The highlighter looks interesting! I always think they do, and I have purchased a few, and end up never using them, because it takes too much time to get them to look natural!  lol!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN   Many  powder highlighters have too much "sparkle", leave a white cast or just sit on top of the skin near the eye area which accentuates wrinkles. A cream highlighter, however, adds natural moisture (being a cream) and doesn't settle into lines. BTW, any highlighter should be applied just above blush and not near the crowsfeet area. 

@Shanus I actually remember years ago purchasing a Smashbox Cream highlighter that I loved! Don't know what happened to it now, this was back when Holly Mordini was representing the line on QVC.... 

I use the iT Hello Light highlighter.  I prefer the one that comes in a tube like a giant lipstick tube.  I just tap it on rather than swipe it.  I go from the center of the apples of my cheeks (because that is where you always see natural highlight on a younger person) to just past center of my eye.  I don't have crows feet, but I still don't go that far.  I also use a brush to apply it underneath my eyebrows. I do not use highlighter anywhere on my nose since I would prefer that attribute would just disappear.

Frequent Contributor

I decided to try the foundation and concealer, along with blush and eye shadow and lip balm.  I have been looking for a new makeup with a more casual look, and this is not it!

I have dry skin but the foundation and concealer felt heavy and did not cover much.  I felt like I was wearing a ton of makeup, even though I wasn't, and it was tacky to the touch.

Eye shadow does not have much color payoff.

I thought the lip balm didn't give much color but was very moisturising.

It seems like people really love this stuff but I sent it back and will keep searching.

(Just my opinion, anyway!)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the foundation review, @fireflygirl .  I have been so tempted.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed her show and was tempted, but I didn't order. The last time they had a make-up artist, not Carmindy, I bought several items, and then she ghosted. They don't seem to hang around long.