Contributor

Re: Anyone know what happened to Diane Mary on youtube?

Hi all. I never usually come on the Q threads but a friend told me there was a thread about me. Thank you all for the kind words and whoever supported. I would like to apologize for leaving youtube out of the blue. I wrote this letter on my blog today regarding youtube after reading this thread, I am going to paste it here so no one feels obligated or that i am trying to be sneaky in any way to get anyone to go and visit. my blog.

Youtube.

So I am going to start this post off by saying I am human. We all are. I used to have a little Youtube channel for about 2 years. I stopped it in October 2014. Though I will not go into the details why, as many factors lead me to the ultimate decision to stop it, I did.

Truthfully, I am humbly taken back at how much attention (for lack of a better word) stopping my videos seemed to have caused. I didn't think my little channel was that big of a deal. I really didn't think you would even notice me gone! I think there are so many vloggers out there way better than I ever was. I do have several reasons as to why I stopped, and I really don't like talking about them and it is nothing personal aimed at anyone directly. Part of it is having A LOT less free time then I did, but there are things deeper than that. I kindly thank you for respecting the wishes of me not going into further detail.

So this post is to thank you if you did ever watch me on there. I apologize for leaving so suddenly and abruptly. Perhaps I should have made a formal announcement or went about it a different way. As mentioned before, I am human and we all do make mistakes and don't always do things the best way they should be done. Hopefully you will forgive me, if not, I respect that too.

I hope you will continue to follow me on my revamped blog and social media.

Why the change of blog name?
Though I do enjoy my natural curls I find myself stretching my curls out to looser waves more often and also blow drying them to be way more on the straighter wavy side as of late. I find it easier to get multiple days on a tighter schedule with for the time being.

Thank you again for watching, reading and the support.
I hope we can remain friends

<3 Diane

Like I said, I don't go on the Q boards much at all so if you reply and i miss it and/or don't answer- that's why. Thanks again.

Super Contributor

Thanks Diane for coming here to explain it to us. It is absolutely your decision to have or end a youtube channel.

Speaking for myself, I was just curious what happened since I would go to youtube occasionally to check out videos noticed yours wasn't active anymore. Thanks for taking the time that you did, to keep it active.

Take care,

Gina

Super Contributor

Thank you for checking in.

Respected Contributor

Diane, thanks for posting here and letting us know. I didn't know what happened and yes, people do miss you reviews. I totally respect stopping doing them for whatever reasons.

Hope things are going well for you, take care and I will check out your blog.

Super Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind letter, Diane! It's good to know that your followers have successfully conveyed how much your videos will be missed, and let you know just how much of an impact you've had on the online beauty-verse. I appreciate your honesty and as I said earlier, respect that your reasons are yours, and yours alone. I look forward to what's to come on your blog, and wish you the best of luck going forward!

Occasional Contributor

Diane - I was a subscriber and I too miss your videos. I was introduced to YouTube beauty videos last year and you were recommended through a post on this forum. You were the first channel I subscribed to ! I wish you good luck in all your future endeavors.

Take care -

Amy

Regular Contributor

Diane, I wish you the best of luck. And i have enjoyed your videos. Don't be a stranger and pop in from time to time to say hi!

And I am glad to learn of your blog, I made sure to bookmark it. I look forward to reading more reviews {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Thank you for your letter. I will miss your videos, but understand things in life change. I wish you the best!

Super Contributor

Diane---you were the FIRST Youtuber I watched! I just want to say that you are a sweetheart and I wish you the best!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the explanation - even though you probably won't return to this board to read it.