Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone know what SSC's TSV will be on Monday?

Unless the formula has changed, Pure prep is not new.  I have a tube of it right now.  As far as it being low in actives, one of the things that was tooted about it was that it had a lot of actives.

With that said, I can't say I noticed a difference in my skin either BUT, I am a skincare JUNKIE, work hard to take very good care of my skin, and it is very difficult (although not impossible) for me to find a skincare product that I can say made a difference in my skin. 

If I pick this up (which I haven't decided) for me it would be in part for maintenance. 

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was on the Serious Skincare FB Page and listed as $59.95.  This link has more information about the product. http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7043da451ff94dc67ec48f4f8&id=7f889e3119

Respected Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

This was on the Serious Skincare FB Page and listed as $59.95.  This link has more information about the product. http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7043da451ff94dc67ec48f4f8&id=7f889e3119

Thank you so much!  I'll check it out.  It never occurred to me to check their FB page because I'm not on FB.  Live and learn!

Super Contributor

@vandyfan wrote:

I got to talk to Jennifer one day while she was on the air and the first thing I said to her was, "Jennifer, I LOVE Rocky and Rambo!!"  She replied, "Me too!"  I love her, too.

Lol!

I've talked to Jennifer a few times on air. The first time is the most memorable. It was when Rocky Balboa was getting ready to premiere. I ordered a kit that included a signed [by Stallone & Jennifer], theater ticket & a boxing glove key ring. 

I had just watched Rocky IV that afternoon. While I was next in line to talk to Jennifer Stallone came on instead. He was using a special number. He talked on air for a couple of minutes. Then, I came on. Talk about a hard act to follow. Jennifer laughed about it & we chatted like we were girlfriends.

The next time I talked to her was after my surgery & I told Jennifer how I had a steady stream of nurses & doctors coming into my room to see the beautiful red velvet train case I had brought with me.

I enjoy talking to her. Glad you had a chance to.

Path

Trusted Contributor

This will be an easy pass for me. I usually look forward to seeing the SSC specials. I've tried both products and neither worked well with my skin. My skin is oilier, acne prone. The concentrate serum is thicker than what I like and takes a while to soak in. It's been a couple months since I've had either but if I recall correctly, there is a slight fragrance in both products for those sensitive to added fragrance. I could have actually use some of their A Force serums since I'm on my last bottle...hopefully they have a good priced serum duo in the near future.

Super Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

Unless the formula has changed, Pure prep is not new.  I have a tube of it right now.  As far as it being low in actives, one of the things that was tooted about it was that it had a lot of actives.

With that said, I can't say I noticed a difference in my skin either BUT, I am a skincare JUNKIE, work hard to take very good care of my skin, and it is very difficult (although not impossible) for me to find a skincare product that I can say made a difference in my skin. 

If I pick this up (which I haven't decided) for me it would be in part for maintenance. 

Hi, it was the creme riche version of it that is new and being launched along with the original. 

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@LuluOnBeauty wrote:

It's a new product, Pure Prep, a high percentage peptide and neuropeptide cream.. I entered a contest on their FB page to try it and be prepared to review it on air.  I think there were about 20 winners. It was sent to us, along with a letter explaining to use it daily, twice a day, their legal department would be in touch with us.  I think it was around the 1st of the year. About mid way through, received an email asking how I was doing, did I need more product.  I replied that I had enough product and that's all I said in my reply. After that, I never heard from them so I guess I won't be on the air.  I suppose if I had replied that I looked fresh and firm and brighter they may have called me!

Whenever I try a new product that is supposed to show results, I always use it on half my face and continue my routine on the other side.  

I use good skin care with a good routine. It would be hard for any product to make a difference and that is what I would have said if they asked.  

As of today, about 6 or 7 weeks into it, it has made no difference on my face or neck compared to the other side. 

I have oily skin and had to stop using it in the morning because that side of my face got too oily too fast. So in fairness, I've been using it only once a day. 

$59.95

Best value ever on the Pure Peptide line - you are getting sizes equal to 4 full size Pure Peptide products - as if buying 2, Pure Peptide Concentrates and 2, Pure Peptide Crème Riche - for lower than the price of just one!

Thanks for the feedback.  That's not good.  You used it for 6 or 7 weeks with no results??? You certainly gave it plenty of time.  The % of actives must be so low.  Do you have super good skin already?  I often don't find the results I want, but a rep at Sephora told me that my skin was already good, especially for my age, so I wouldn't see a whole lot of efficacy wtih products.  It's a thought...

Hi!, Yes that is exactly what I think when it comes to skincare. It was a long post so you may have missed that I do have good skin due to a good skin care routine and it's hard for a new product to make a difference.  

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Regular Contributor

Her products have a lot of parabens, so I am trying to stay away. 

I, too, have a hard time telling what works because I use so many different lines and my skin is in good shape for my age. Nothing is helping the effects of gravity so far, unfortunately!

And why no free shipping on TS's? I hate that Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

N/M.  I was thinking of the Diffuse Skin Perfector, not Pure Prep.

Super Contributor

I see the Pure-Pep Concentrate is loaded with silicones and so that's an easy pass for me as my skin will not tolerate those. The Creme Riche ingredient deck is not loaded with them but I wouldn't pay the $59.95 just for that product.