Respected Contributor

Anyone know what SSC's TSV will be on Monday?

I've been trying to find out what Serious Skin Care's TSV will be over at HSN on Monday.  I've checked this board, HSN's, and the SSC web site.  No luck.  Do any of you ladies know?  Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know what SSC's TSV will be on Monday?

I don't know what it is but I will be watching. Just wanted to say I saw a small picture of Jennifer, Sly, and their  3 girls in  INStyle magazine. What a beautiful family! Each daughter is absolutely gorgeous and whatever Jennifer is doing she fit right in with her girls!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don't know what it is but I will be watching. Just wanted to say I saw a small picture of Jennifer, Sly, and their  3 girls in  INStyle magazine. What a beautiful family! Each daughter is absolutely gorgeous and whatever Jennifer is doing she fit right in with her girls!

They are a wonderful family.  Stallone was one of only two Hollywood types who greatly impressed me after I saw an interview with them.  I don't watch the Rocky/action movies he does, but I wasn't aware that he wrote Rocky as well as starring in it.  I was very impressed by his intellect and have always remembered that interview with him.  Jennifer seems very nice as well.  I remember the Daily Mail covering the family's vacay on a yacht in the middle of the ocean.  Jennifer really has a perfect figure. 

I do miss the originator of SSC, Lesa Stock.  I wish she'd return once a year to talk to her fans.  Their glycolic cleanser is the best cleanser on the face of the earth, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

I used to use SSC Glucosamine line for Sensitive Skin, but they no longer make it.  It was the best product for my dry, sensitive skin that I've ever used.  Now I am using Paula's Choice, but it doesn't work as well for my skin as the SSC Glucosamine line did.

I also think Jennifer seems like such a nice, genuine person.  I don't think I've ever heard of any scandal about her or Sly, like what came out about Arnold.  It's nice to see a happy "Hollywood" family!

Regular Contributor

I got to talk to Jennifer one day while she was on the air and the first thing I said to her was, "Jennifer, I LOVE Rocky and Rambo!!"  She replied, "Me too!"  I love her, too.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a new product, Pure Prep, a high percentage peptide and neuropeptide cream.. I entered a contest on their FB page to try it and be prepared to review it on air.  I think there were about 20 winners. It was sent to us, along with a letter explaining to use it daily, twice a day, their legal department would be in touch with us.  I think it was around the 1st of the year. About mid way through, received an email asking how I was doing, did I need more product.  I replied that I had enough product and that's all I said in my reply. After that, I never heard from them so I guess I won't be on the air.  I suppose if I had replied that I looked fresh and firm and brighter they may have called me!

Whenever I try a new product that is supposed to show results, I always use it on half my face and continue my routine on the other side.  

I use good skin care with a good routine. It would be hard for any product to make a difference and that is what I would have said if they asked.  

As of today, about 6 or 7 weeks into it, it has made no difference on my face or neck compared to the other side. 

I have oily skin and had to stop using it in the morning because that side of my face got too oily too fast. So in fairness, I've been using it only once a day. 

$59.95

Best value ever on the Pure Peptide line - you are getting sizes equal to 4 full size Pure Peptide products - as if buying 2, Pure Peptide Concentrates and 2, Pure Peptide Crème Riche - for lower than the price of just one!

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Contributor

Using product on half your face to test is a great way to test acne products.  I suffered from bad adult acne until I started to try what worked and what didnt work on just half of my face.  Highly recommend

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info Lulu. I've been interested in adding peptides to my skin care. I might be willing to give it a try but will think about it. I've just added a couple new things and I hate to add too many new things at once just in case something doesn't work out it might be hard to pin point Smiley Happy

I've loved all of the products I've tried from SSC and their prices are so reasonable. Just started the A line pads and moisture and I can feel a big difference in my skin's texture already after a couple of weeks. Jennifer is fun to watch and does seem like a sweet and knowledgable person. Not just a pretty face but educated about the product she is selling. 

Honored Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

Thanks for the info Lulu. I've been interested in adding peptides to my skin care. I might be willing to give it a try but will think about it. I've just added a couple new things and I hate to add too many new things at once just in case something doesn't work out it might be hard to pin point Smiley Happy

I've loved all of the products I've tried from SSC and their prices are so reasonable. Just started the A line pads and moisture and I can feel a big difference in my skin's texture already after a couple of weeks. Jennifer is fun to watch and does seem like a sweet and knowledgable person. Not just a pretty face but educated about the product she is selling. 

Try Retin A or Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuluOnBeauty wrote:

It's a new product, Pure Prep, a high percentage peptide and neuropeptide cream.. I entered a contest on their FB page to try it and be prepared to review it on air.  I think there were about 20 winners. It was sent to us, along with a letter explaining to use it daily, twice a day, their legal department would be in touch with us.  I think it was around the 1st of the year. About mid way through, received an email asking how I was doing, did I need more product.  I replied that I had enough product and that's all I said in my reply. After that, I never heard from them so I guess I won't be on the air.  I suppose if I had replied that I looked fresh and firm and brighter they may have called me!

Whenever I try a new product that is supposed to show results, I always use it on half my face and continue my routine on the other side.  

I use good skin care with a good routine. It would be hard for any product to make a difference and that is what I would have said if they asked.  

As of today, about 6 or 7 weeks into it, it has made no difference on my face or neck compared to the other side. 

I have oily skin and had to stop using it in the morning because that side of my face got too oily too fast. So in fairness, I've been using it only once a day. 

$59.95

Best value ever on the Pure Peptide line - you are getting sizes equal to 4 full size Pure Peptide products - as if buying 2, Pure Peptide Concentrates and 2, Pure Peptide Crème Riche - for lower than the price of just one!

Thanks for the feedback.  That's not good.  You used it for 6 or 7 weeks with no results??? You certainly gave it plenty of time.  The % of actives must be so low.  Do you have super good skin already?  I often don't find the results I want, but a rep at Sephora told me that my skin was already good, especially for my age, so I wouldn't see a whole lot of efficacy wtih products.  It's a thought...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"