Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know of an excellent substitute for Joan Rivers wonderful hand cream?

On 12/12/2014 Shelbelle said:
On 12/12/2014 SeaGal said:

There is alot of Joan Rivers hand creams listed on ebay.

Buyer beware, they have to be years and years old. Hydroquinone turns dark brown with age, I would not buy it now from any source.

I've purchased JR cream on eBay and it's as fresh as whenever it was manufactured. Oxidization (the air) is what turns the cream brown. At that point, it should not be used. Make sure the tubes are still sealed by the manufacturer and the product will still be viable years after manufacture. Remember, it's the air that turns this product brown....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know of an excellent substitute for Joan Rivers wonderful hand cream?

Shelbelle: did you use the hydroquinone with retina? I have very sensitive skin and I've had no irritation. I'm surprised because if I don't wear rubber gloves for dishwashing just for a day I really pay the price.

So far I really like the Amlactin but I probably shouldn't use it with the retina because they're both exfoliants.

Super Contributor

Working hands is the best, Gold Bond second.

Valued Contributor

I've been using Sheaterra Moroccan rose water Shea butter hand cream. It's a 4 oz container for about $18.00. I have that nasty toe fungus and a little bit under my thumb nails. Since I started using this cream my thumb nails have cleared up. Of course it is a great hand cream in itself. I usually have cracked and bleeding fingers but not now. I highly recommend!