Contributor

Re: Anyone here use and like Pureology?

I have used Pureology and like it and my hair "maven" who has done my hair (color, cut, etc.) for over 15 years swears by it. It is expensive but it is so concentrated you do not have to use much (about a nickel size for my shoulder length hair), and will last you a very long time. If you do not want to spend that much money, I would try the Monoi line by Carol's Daughter (I think you can get it at Sephora) and I know they sell it on HSN; I am going to try it myself since I got a sample of it and really liked it.

Respected Contributor

I just got Pureology for Platinums. I got the 8 oz. size. It's very rich, and I actually used tooo much. A nickel size will probably be enough, for my fine hair. I also got the conditioner, and didn't care for that too much. My hair didn't feel silky, and tangle-free. I couldn't comb it out without another dressing product. I'm basically going to see if this helps keep the yellow out...otherwise I won't but it again. Yeah, verrry expensive!

Respected Contributor

I used Pureology a very long time ago. I didn''t like it because of the menthol. Now, I use Wen.. go figure!

Honored Contributor

I tried it years ago when it first came out. I only liked one of their lines that has since been discontinued. The rest were no better or worse than other salon brands that were cheaper.

Honored Contributor

I've seen it at Nordstrom Rack for a cheaper price. I've never bought it but have seen it.

Occasional Contributor

I have used for many years...and love how it has worked for my, fine, hi-lited hair. It is very concentrated so a little goes along way. I use the Hydrate Shampoo/Conditioner in Purple bottles. Pureology also made my ALL TIME favorite styling product, Texture Twist. It had the best smell, and would make my hair look thicker, piecey and polished....and of course they discontinued it...Ugh, I would have stocked up if I had known Smiley Sad Kenra makes a similar product, but it is a little too heavy and can weigh my hair down. If anyone has any suggestions - love to hear them.

Valued Contributor

My hair is colored a vibrant red which fades really fast. I started using the reviving red products a few months ago and love them. The color barely fades between coloring.
Frequent Contributor

I got mine from Amazon and I like it. I have reddish in my hair and it maintains my color perfectly. Mine has lasted a long long time

Super Contributor

I use Purology and love it! One of the formulas (I think its the Nano) has the menthol in the conditioner which I did not like. The menthol smell bothers me alot.