Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone here use Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour Cream?

OMG sorry for the double, trigger happy tonight.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

I've found this pretty inexpensively at TJ Maxx/Marshalls several times over the years (like $10 or less), although like someone else mentioned a tube lasts FOREVER. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I mostly only use it in the winter on my cuticles/lips/heels. I'm not a huge fan of the herbal-like smell but it works. It's also really good if you have a cold and your nose gets raw from using a lot of kleenex - soothes your nose and heals it right up! I honestly think aquaphor works just as well for all the above mentioned uses though...haha....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 glmama said: Hi Future.Smiley Happy Thank you for the review. This is why I LOVE this board.Smiley Happy I ask and I get answers! I have something from Whole Foods that I've used on myself and my kids for a long time now--cannot for the life of me remember the brand name (comes in a yellow tube.) I think it's probably similar to the EA product--but a more natural product. I also have the Josie Maran Infinity Cream somewhere in my stash that is kinda like a Vaseline, too. Btw. Future, I've never tried any of the Honest Co. products, but I've read some good reviews of a few things . One of them is a body oil???
Yes! I love the body oil. It's a little thick, but it's perfect to apply on damp skin after a bath or shower. I have eczema on my arms, and it doesn't irritate it at all, which about 90% of commercial products do. I can't use BBW, Jergens, drugstore brands, etc. I also love the shave oil. I think it will be great to use this winter. I also have JM Infinity, and I do like the honest a little bit better. It seems to really heal up my dry skin more efficiently & effectively. HTH!!
Valued Contributor

On 11/11/2014 Argyll said:

Arden's Eight Hour Cream is one of my Lifetime Hall of Fame products; my mother used it and I started using it waaaay back in the 50's and have never been without it since! The "magic" ingredient is castor oil,a timeless emollient. They have improved the scent a teensy bit but I love it no matter how it smells (herbal-ly).

The only other product that comes close is Josie Maran Intensive Argan Oil in a tube.

Thanks, Argyll.Smiley Happy Do you mind sharing how you use it???
Valued Contributor

Thank you, future.Smiley Happy I will definitely try some Honest Co. products soon.
Valued Contributor

Thank you, dal, jacie, & 65.Smiley Happy
Contributor

I dig the stuff and it lasts FOREVER. A tube lasts like five years, I am serious! It's great for lips and cuticles. That's mostly what I use it for.

Valued Contributor

I love this especially in the winter! I use it on my lips around my cuticles and really dry patches I get on my face. I lasts me a long time, I have never been bothered by the scent. I always have it in my arsenal.

Regular Contributor

Hi glmama! I use the cream on my lips overnight and often during the day ( I use those great little sample containers from various cosmetics to have a small jar on hand.) and it is the best for dry noses and cuticles. It works very well on eyebrows to keep them in line--a TINY bit of course! When a tube gets low,I cut open the tube end and scoop out gobs of product and put it in a little jar. I do miss the old Arden packaging: it was in a large pink jar and so much easier to use up every bit! "65 and fabulous" brings up the story of how the product came to be: supposedly,Elizabeth Arden used it to rub into her horses' hooves to keep them strong and healthy. Lucky horses!
Valued Contributor

Thank you, Argyll & Ladies. Love reading about this product. Very interesting!