Trusted Contributor

Anyone here have a lighted/magnifying mirror?

I'm turning 70 next month and decided I'd like to get one for myself. Just wondering for those of you who have them, do you have a wall mount or the kind on a stand? What do you like or not like about the one you have? Thank you in advance for all responses.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone here have a lighted/magnifying mirror?

[ Edited ]

I have one.   Mine is on a stand.   It's very frightening (haha)  but I use mine everyday.   I rarely use the lighted part though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@joannecha 

Several years ago, I purchased a Simple Human large, round lighted mirror on a stand from HSN.  I cannot remember what I paid at the time, but it was not a cheapie.  I was tired of replacing cheap mirrors.

The light is a sensor that comes on around the mirror when you move towards it.  It is cordless and you just recharge it now and again.  I really like it for that reason.  I can move it around on my counter as needed.

I find I need it to make sure I'm not overdoing anything since my vision is a little fuzzy Cat LOL

I don't wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis, so I mostly use it to just check my look.

Thankfully, even at 70 my skin is in decent shape and I'm not too wrinkled.

However, it gives an unvarnished view of your skin/face.  Sometimes, it's a bit...surprising Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54 Me too - on a stand - not lighted but wouldn't use it if I did.

Have a natural light lamp on my vanity table instead.

Respected Contributor

I bought a conair from Lowes about 15 years ago. Worked great but I forgot it at a hotel. Never replaced it.
I loved that thing! It's great for applying eye makeup especially!
Honored Contributor

Oh I couldn't live without my10x lighted magnifying mirror! Mine is on a stand on my dressing table. I figure if my makeup is good when I apply it looking at myself in my 10x mirror then I know I look perfect to my fellow man! Woman LOL

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Ive tried several lighted mirrors but I just can't look into lights and see what I'm doing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Mine's on a stand -it's lighted -  regular one side the other magnifying.  I got it at Sally's - they have a lot of them on display - check 'em out.  I love the magnifying side for applying eye makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Simple Human that lights up when you are near it. Rechargeable.

Trusted Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

I'm turning 70 next month and decided I'd like to get one for myself. Just wondering for those of you who have them, do you have a wall mount or the kind on a stand? What do you like or not like about the one you have? Thank you in advance for all responses.

@joannecha    I have a lighted magnifying mirror on a stand.  I highly recommend the Floxite brand.  I have used this brand for years.  The light is not overpowering...more of a natural daylight....and there is no distortion in the mirror.   I have seen other brands but this one is excellent.  Not sure if QVC still carries them...but I have seen them at Boscovs....