Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here have a lighted/magnifying mirror?

@ID2 

We have a 10x round lighted mirror.  It WAS on a stand but it broke.  Now it's just the round part with light.  I have to pull this one out for big jobs like finding those pesky chin hairs (something I'll be doing tonight)

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 20X magnifying mirror attached to my bathroom wall just to the right of my sink.  Used one in a hotel room about 25 years ago and told my husband I needed one at home - so that next Christmas, he made it happen.   However, the light quit working a few years ago and I never replaced it.  I like it without the light much better.

Yes, I need 20X because I don't see all that well.  Besides, I assume if my makeup looks good at 20X, I must be downright amazing in person!  Ha.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I use a Jerdon also . I purchased thru Amazon a couple of years ago when a similar one I had purchased probably 20 years previously (thrift shop) either broke or the plastic had yellowed badly --or both .

I would most likely look like a clown if I did not use one now. Only thing I can spot those pesky white hairs with also. I wouldn't be without one. 

Also I look a little better when I flip over to the regular mirror.

Honored Contributor

My Jerdon non lighted makeup mirror is mounted on a wall above our countertop in main bathroom. When bathroom was remodeled6 years ago, I treated myself to this. The contractor who did the remodel hung it on the wall. I bought it from Amazon. 

EEE7D0B3-66A9-45DF-A01F-8319A675629A.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

20X?!  I'm guessing you can see thru your eyeballs into your brain! lol  I can't imagine anyone's makeup/skin looking good at 20X Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay 

You know you're old when you flip your 5X mirror over thinking it was on the "normal" side Smiley Surprised  Yep, I'm talking about myself Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom 

That's a beautiful mirror!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

I personally have never seen a wall mounted magnifying mirror in a private home.  I've only seen them in hotels.

I have a 10x lighted (around the rim) mirror on a stand.  The stand is indented to keep makeup, tweezers, etc on it if you wish.  Purchased at BBB around 10 yrs ago.  The light is still going strong after all these years.  It's a "natural" light & does the job (too good! Smiley Surprised )

The other side is a regular mirror.

@Mz iMac 

I bought one at Bed, Bath & Beyond and then never got around to installing it.  Then COVID and the shutdown happened, and I couldn't go to my hairdresser for a trim.  So I got that box out and attached it to the wall in my bathroom. I've been happily cutting my own hair ever since and love having two hands free just for day to day styling, too.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

My Jerdon non lighted makeup mirror is mounted on a wall above our countertop in main bathroom. When bathroom was remodeled6 years ago, I treated myself to this. The contractor who did the remodel hung it on the wall. I bought it from Amazon. 

EEE7D0B3-66A9-45DF-A01F-8319A675629A.jpeg

I have one very similar to this and love it.  It has no light of its own but my bathroom lighting is very good.  Mine is 8X on one side and flips to no magnification on the other.  I recently decided to do my makeup in my bedroom and bought a Fancii mirror from Amazon.  The light has different settings and can be dimmed.  It's rechargable and has no magnification in the center and the right side panel.  The two left side panels have 7X and 5X. I use it rotated sideways so it's horizontal.  I really love it.  

Respected Contributor

I have a Floxite that has suction cups and I just put it on my bathroom mirror. I bought this at QVC years ago. Love it. Floxite has there own website if you want  to look at what they have. Mine is 10X I would be lost without it. I travel with it also.