Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone here have a lighted/magnifying mirror?

@joannecha 
I honestly can't remember a time when I didn't have some kind of lighted magnifying mirror to put on makeup.  I'd be lost without it.  

Many years ago I had one that had a center rectangular mirror and another hinged mirror on each side that folded in when not in use.  When it gave out, I replaced it with a circular mirror on a stand, and that's the kind I've had ever since.  

There's a regular mirror on one side, which I rarely use, and magnifying mirror on the other.  Not sure of the magnification, since I'm not home right now. The light is a circle around the mirror.  The light adjusts for different circumstances, like "outdoor," "office," "home," which I personally have found to be really helpful. I bought this particular one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond a few years ago.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I personally have never seen a wall mounted magnifying mirror in a private home.  I've only seen them in hotels.

I have a 10x lighted (around the rim) mirror on a stand.  The stand is indented to keep makeup, tweezers, etc on it if you wish.  Purchased at BBB around 10 yrs ago.  The light is still going strong after all these years.  It's a "natural" light & does the job (too good! Smiley Surprised )

The other side is a regular mirror.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I've been using the one below for ages. I simply can't put on makeup without it...even when younger with better eyesight. It's a BIG one so you may not have room for it. In one small area where I used it my husband took the side mirrors off cause I could do without them.The thing I like and always look for is that the center mirror swivels up and down and not side to side as some others do. The brand is Jerdon and I bought it last at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Respected Contributor

@joannecha 

I have a 10X magnifying mirror on a stand on my makeup counter.  It is lit from a flexible light from thr shelf above it:

EF401730-CEA9-49EE-A89A-DFF1D3171081.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

didn't know I had to wait until I was 70!!!!!

I bought mine several years ago from Costco.  What I like about Costco's was it's has a nice sturdy frame, flips from standard mirror to 10X and the light surrounds the mirror and it's not glaring in your eyes.  Mine is a desk model.

I believe it was about $29.99 and I've seen them as high as $69.99.

Mine has a push button on/off switch in the base, the previous one had the on/off toggle switch in the cord and that was cumbersome to find the switch all the time.

If you can, I would suggest you go in person to purchase, some of the lights, the weight of the unit, how it adjusts is quite personal so you need to "see it" "feel" it if it will work for you.

Good luck and Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I got one years ago at Macy's for around $20.  It's on a stand and has a light which I rarely use.  Comes in very handy.  

Honored Contributor

@joannecha 

Funny you should bring this up.  I just recently became aware that not all women use a lighted mirror to apply their makeup.  There is no way I could do it without my lighted magnifying tri-fold mirror.  Mine is old as dirt!  We built this house almost 40 years and it seems like I've had my mirror ever since we've been here.  I was so worried about not having a backup, that I went on the search for a new one last year.  Not everything new is better!  My old/current mirror has colored fluorescent lighting.  Four different settings.  The new ones use LED lighting, the mirrors aren't as big, they have small magnifying mirror (mirror in mirror) that only allows you to see maybe one eye at a time.  My current tri fold allows you to see everything in normal or magnified with lighting on the sides.  I tried to send the new one back but the company wouldn't take it back.  They told me to keep it and refunded my money Smiley Surprised  I gave it to my daughter and granddaughter.

Mine is a Remmington.  This is a Jerdon.  It's the only one I can find like my old one.  Price has come down $11.  I should buy it before I find myself without one.  This is like my current mirror but the forehead is larger making the mirror a bit smaller Smiley Sad  

Here is the one I bought and gave to my daughter.  The LEDs in this mirror aren't as bright as the fluorescent lighting.

Valued Contributor

Another vote for the Floxite mirror.  I like that the mirror is 10X magnification that is dostortion free, and the flexible neck allows me to adjust the mirror position that suits me.  I would be lost without it because my vision is so bad.

Honored Contributor

@joannecha 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  Because of your thread on the subject, I was able to find the makeup mirror that is almost identical as the one I have.  Purchased it on Amazon where I had an $18 credit.  Got it for $22 Smiley Happy  1x and 5x mirrors

Esteemed Contributor

I have an iHome lighted magnifying mirror (model number ICVBT7).  I've had it for well over a year now.  It's a regular mirror on one side and 7x magnification on the other.  The lighted ring lights both sides.  I am very happy with this mirror.  I haven't had any problems with it at all.  I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond, but I think they have a newer model now.  Mine has a bluetooth speaker built in, but I have never used it so can't speak on that.

It has a cord to charge it.  I leave mine plugged in, but you could disconnect the cord if/when you wanted to.  The light is bright enough, but not blinding.  The light will shut off automatically after 25 minutes.  No regrets about this purchase.

iHome iCVBT7 9" Double-sided Portable Vanity Speaker

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org