Honored Contributor

Anyone here a fan of Aveda hair products?

Received a gift basket of styling products for thick, coarse hair and gotta say, I'm loving them. The last time I tried the shampoos/conditioners I wasn't thrilled (talking 8 years or so ago).

In any event, this was a pleasant surprise. If you use them and love them, please tell me what you use and how/why. TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here a fan of Aveda hair products?

@SahmIamwrote:

Received a gift basket of styling products for thick, coarse hair and gotta say, I'm loving them. The last time I tried the shampoos/conditioners I wasn't thrilled (talking 8 years or so ago).

In any event, this was a pleasant surprise. If you use them and love them, please tell me what you use and how/why. TIA!

Hello @SahmIam. I love the fragrance of Aveda shampoos. My favorite is Shampure. I’m not sure if they ever made a perfume w/ that fragrance, but if they do, I’d purchase a dozen bottles.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam Yes, I used the products for a long time before WEN. Aveda smells great. If you get a chance try Hand Relief and Foot Relief cream. Love their products. If you visit their store they will offer you some hot tea. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use Aveeda shampoo, sulfate free, and have had really good luck with it. For some reason it seems like a balanced shampoo that works for my hair type (straight on one side and frizzy on the other side). It's not drying for the frizzy side and it doesn't leave the straight side so full of "moisture" that it's limp. It's a good product IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used an Aveda hair salon for mor than 20 years.  My home haircare includes products from several brands.  At the salon my hairdresser uses Brillant and Damage Remedy products on my dry, naturally kinky curly locs whether my hair will be styled straight or sans heat with the natural curl.

The products I often use at home are the Brillant pomades.  I use them both as the Humectant version is great when I'm wearing my hair curly and the Anti-Humectant version is great when I'm trying to hold a heat straightened style.  I sometimes buy other Aveda products to use at home, but other than the Brillant pomades nothing else is used  every time I shampoo, or for daily styling. 

Respected Contributor

My DH will only use 2 shampoos: VO5 Normal or Aveda Rosemary Mint. 

Go Figure 

Valued Contributor

Love the Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and the hair spray is the best.

Regular Contributor

I have short silver hair, thick and very coarse. I have used Aveda products for many years. Wouldn't be without the Blue Malva shampoo, Confixor smoothing gel, and the smooth infusion line of products. 

Honored Contributor

I love their Anti-Humectant Cream for the summer high humidity days. It works like a charm and it also lasts a very long time......I haven't tried their shampoos in a very long time though.....I have good memories of that product line.....Including they had some really nice lipsticks too.......We used to many years ago had a Trade Secret Salon in out local mall and they sold Aveda products!! 

Trusted Contributor

I use Aveda's Chamolie shampoo/conditioner on my light brown hair.  It brings out the highlights nicely.  And once in a while I use the rosemary mint shampoo - love the smell!