Super Contributor

Now I am not complaining but I am mystified. In my 60's and still have few gray hairs, I see some around my hair line, and back by my neck my hair is still very dark brown. I am sort of proud of that, but also wondering why no grays yet. I highlight with blonde and I toy with going all dark brown but it never ever looks right unless it is exactly my shade of brown which  I cant seem to recreate. I bought a platinum grayish wig, boy does it look fabulous. I am torn about what color to be!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here NOT going gray?

I'm not going gray.  Enjoy if you do decide to change hair color.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Lucky you Smiley Happy I'm in my late 30's and have many gray hairs.  They started when I turned 30. I used to pluck them when I was younger but now if I do it, 10 more take its place Smiley Very Happy My Mom is in her 60's and is completely gray. So are all my aunts.  I've seen my future. Man Tongue

Valued Contributor

My grandfather never went gray.  He had brown hair until very suddenly his hair turned white.  That was it.  He was elderly before the white hair came along.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea how gray I am. I swore, years ago, that I'll never go gray...to the naked eye. I've been coloring my 65 year old hair for quite a while now. I see white along my temples when its time for a touch-up but I really haven't a clue how much gray I actually have. ignorance is bliss! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I’m silver and foxy 🦊 baby! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Heading toward 66 here and still dark blonde, no gray.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

nope

Honored Contributor

Everyone on my Mom’s side of the family is completely is snow white by 30. My hair started coming in silver/ white around 18. My natural color was almost black and as the years went on, I was having to color it every 3 weeks...after week two, the shiny silver roots were quite visible. 

Several years ago, I just gave in to what was natural for me. My skin was getting lighter too, if possible. Darker hair was more aging on me than the softer grey/white. 

IMO, the trick to keep it younger looking is good weekly conditioning, products for grey hair and a current, youthful hairstyle. 

I was planning my life around my “root appointments”....now I don’t even think about it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No gray hair. I'm 63 and my hair is very dark brown, almost black. I had it highlighted one time and that didn't work out too well. I have Asian hair and it tends to look orange-ish whenever it's bleached so I just don't do that.

eta - I've been using a hair-growth laser (HairMax) for quite some time and one thing I have noticed is my hair is darker than it was before that. It's a noted side effect of using hair lasers...laser light stimulates the pigment-producing cells (melanocytes) in hair follicles. Gray or white hair is hair that has little or no pigment. So when the melanocytes become inactive then you will start to see grays.