Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone heard of reverse hair washing?

I'll stick with my WEN cleansing conditioner.  My curls won't accept anything else! Woman Very Happy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

The only way I use conditioner....

Valued Contributor

Actually I was really surprised by how good my hair looks and feels after doing it. I usually only put conditioner on the ends and I put it all over including the scalp, left it for a couple of minutes, rinsed, and then shampooed. Conditioner usually weighs my hair down.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

You use the conditioner first, rinse it and then use shampoo. I tried it today and can't belive how much body I have. Silky feel and no fly away hair.

I really didn't think it would work but tried it and will continue doing it this way.

Pantene used to sell their products in dept stores back in the Stone Age (70's) and I remember an ad campaign where they promoted doing this for awhile. I remember I had very long hair back then and used this method. It was the only way I was able to keep my hair from tangling.

Honored Contributor

I have never used conditioner on my hair.  I have a lot of very fine hair that I have to wash every other day, and it has always been shiny and healthy.  Conditioner--any kind--is just too much for it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have never used conditioner on my hair.  I have a lot of very fine hair that I have to wash every other day, and it has always been shiny and healthy.  Conditioner--any kind--is just too much for it. 

@Sooner 

Here we are again!  Smiley Happy

I have a lot of fine hair!  I do fine with conditioner, but I am double processed.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

Here we are again!  Smiley Happy

I have a lot of fine hair!  I do fine with conditioner, but I am double processed.

@ECBG BP (before Pandemic) I had wonderful blond hair with lots of colors and a little darker shade under (you could barely tell it but it sort of lit up the longer hair and people would say it's not natural???) the lady is a genius.  

Alas.  But I have never been able to use conditioner no matter how colored or not.  

Esteemed Contributor

I never tried this, but may experiment a couple of times. Anyway, I love the smell of the S more than the C, so maybe that will linger on my hair longer.

Valued Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

You use the conditioner first, rinse it and then use shampoo. I tried it today and can't belive how much body I have. Silky feel and no fly away hair.

I really didn't think it would work but tried it and will continue doing it this way.

I tried this method this morning and LOVE the way my hair look's today. I use the Tweaked by Nature Vanilla Amber, and my hair has more body and very soft conditioning first and shampooing last. Thank you for the suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

After reading this thread I tried reverse hair washing.  I only did it once.  But frankly, I didn't notice any difference.