Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have thoughts on the AL NuvoChocolate?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

The ChocoNuvo is pretty expensive, IMO.  Lessman want the user to take 1-2 pieces with each meal, but not to exceed 5 pieces daily.  If a user consumes 3-4 pieces daily, purchasing a 120 serving container for $89.90 would only last 30-40 days.  A 300 serving container for $219.90 would only last 75-100 days.  I also don't think there are enough cocoa flavanols in the mix, nor have I heard how the cocoa is processed.  Specific processing/extraction is need to retain the benefit of the cocoa flavanols  Without the proper processing, even a higher number of flavanols can be misleading. For this reason, DH and I take CocoaVia.   

I've never heard of CocoaVia, but checked it out.  Sounds Interesting. 

Do you take the capsules?  My DH has a family history of high cholesteral and I'm concerned for him since he has a healthy diet, but is experiencing higher levels as he ages.

What has been your experience if you don't mind sharing.

We have a square of dark chocolate nightly, but I don't know if that really helps.

Trusted Contributor

For 2 months I've taken 2 squares with lunch and my total cholesterol has dropped from 236 to 211; with no diet changes. Even at the TS price, they are expensive yet worth it to me and I'll be ordering another 300 count this weekend. A few years ago I took cholesterol pills with a statin which caused serious side effects. Since then, I've been taking cholesterol lowering pills without a statin and there had been no change. The funny thing is I do not like dark chocolate, yet I love the taste of these! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

The ChocoNuvo is pretty expensive, IMO.  Lessman want the user to take 1-2 pieces with each meal, but not to exceed 5 pieces daily.  If a user consumes 3-4 pieces daily, purchasing a 120 serving container for $89.90 would only last 30-40 days.  A 300 serving container for $219.90 would only last 75-100 days.  I also don't think there are enough cocoa flavanols in the mix, nor have I heard how the cocoa is processed.  Specific processing/extraction is need to retain the benefit of the cocoa flavanols  Without the proper processing, even a higher number of flavanols can be misleading. For this reason, DH and I take CocoaVia.   

I've never heard of CocoaVia, but checked it out.  Sounds Interesting. 

Do you take the capsules?  My DH has a family history of high cholesteral and I'm concerned for him since he has a healthy diet, but is experiencing higher levels as he ages.

What has been your experience if you don't mind sharing.

We have a square of dark chocolate nightly, but I don't know if that really helps.

@Witchy Woman  I like the capsules.  For me, it's just easier, more convenient.  My DH, however, likes the little tubes of flavored powders that he can add to his coffee or a smoothie.  One of the benefits of the CocoaVia is that it keeps blood vessels flexible and able to flow more easily, which is going to positively affect one's circulation.  My DH is super healthy.  He's 61, runs several times a week and several miles at a time.  He's completed the Chicago Marathon three times, eats well (more like Paleo, yet not rigid about it) but doesn't deprive himself if there's a donut or chocolate cake around.  He is on no medications at all, has a great blood pressure and PSA level.  I don't know what my cholesterol numbers are.  Because of what I believe regarding cholesterol and statins, the numbers really don't matter to me.  They may be a little high, but I refuse to go any statins so what's the point.  I am overweight and take a water pill for slightly elevated high blood pressure.  I'm sure if I got the weight under control the blood pressure would normalize.  Other than that, I have no health issues.  Our bodies and brains need cholesterol.   If your DH is eating well (assuming you mean low fat/low cholesterol foods), his liver is going to make more in order to keep the levels up.  

In reading Dr. Perlmutter's book, Grain Brain, I learned that a higher cholesterol isn't necessarily a bad thing.  In fact, it's a good thing.  The bad thing is when your LDL oxidizes and the body reacts in the form of inflamation.  I don't have all the data in front of me, but it would be easy for you to look up.  Dr. Perlmutter explains that cholesterol actually protects the brain from neurological disease such as dementia and Alzheimers.  With the rise in the use of statins, there has been an increase in dementia and Alzheimers, memory loss, cognitive function.  So much so that now there has to be a warning that comes with the statin prescription.

Dr. Perlmutter - Regarding Statins

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for being so thorough.  I think I will try the AL product and buy a bottle of the CocoaVia capsules, too.  It cannot hurt either of us.

In his youth, DH was very thin, but strong.  Age and a changing metabolism has inceased his waist size and he is edging towards elevated BP and cholesteral.  The doctor has sounded a small alarm, but he is not concerned right now. 

If I could give him something simple to help, I'll give it a try.

I'm very active (spin 4-5) times a week, former runner (gave it up for injuries) and eat very little meat.  There is only so much you can do, but I try.

We both realize age brings on issues that are harder to control.  Whatever I do for him has to be easy!  And, I don't want either of us to start on meds!

Again, thanks for your input and I'll check out the information that you provided.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

My thoughts are that I'm NEVER going to get on line in time to purchase this before it sells out!

@Drythe, I'll do my best to notify you as soon as it goes live. Smiley Happy

Since it is this Saturday's TS ti will definitively be live at midnight on Saturday morning. I think that as long as you make your purchase first thing on saturday morning (when you wake up) that it should be fine. 

That said, for last saturday's TS Andrew made it available at 8pm ET of friday night. That was a first for him. 

Drythe, if I find out that he's planning on making it available this friday night, I'll send you a notification as soon as I hear anything. Smiley Happy

btw, while I'm sure it's top quality chocolate... it's a cholesterol lowering product using his plant sterols.

Plant sterols look almost identical to our cholesterol (with just a slight tweak), so plant sterols fit into our cholesterol receptor sites... but, unlike cholesterol, out body can't absorb them. By efffectively blocking cholesterol receptor sites, less total cholesterol gets absorbed by the body. 

I haven't used Andrew's CholestaCare product (which is also in the ChocoNuvo) because my total cholesterol in under 140 (evenly split). 

Either Andrw's CholestaCare or this new ChocoNuvo product will have the exact same effect. 

To amply this effect, I'd recommend that you also purchase Andrew's FiberMucil which is an amazing fiber product.. the fiber is an extremely fine powder. -- I've taken it before and I was very impressed. Smiley Happy

I've heard and read about a lot of folks getting great results with either of these products though. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think if he does do a preview it will probably be early Saturday evening. Actually I like it better when it wasn't listed early as a TS but just listed early because then if you had a coupon you could use it. I tried last week but alas it didn't work.

Oh @bebe777 @Drythe

Trusted Contributor

Oh nevermind.
Honored Contributor

HI @untitled, for this current two weekends visit, Andrew is having his TS on Saturday instead of Sunday. 

This is the first time I've ever seen one of Andrew's TS values on HSN *TV* on saturday. Generally, they have all been on sunday. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Andrew Lessman's  HSN TV Schedule

TV Listings for Eastern Time

Andrew Lessman Live from HSN Studios 

Friday, March 4th

11:00 PM – 12:00 AM

Saturday, March 5th • Today’s Special 

12:00 AM – 2:00 AM
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
8:00 PM – 10:00 PM

___

Last weekend, during one of his show's, Andrew was able to confirm that ChocoNuvowill be the TS for this weekend (he wasn't able to confirm this until late last weekend).

As always, Andrew has free S&H on all Procaps Labs purchases when he has HSN shows. 

The free S&H is currently in effect whether you make your purchases directly through Procaps Labs or through HSN. -- I just spoke with Procaps Labs and their free S&H remains in effect through this coming monday. The rep thinks that HSN has the same free S&H timetable, but it's still best to check at HSN to be sure.

___

Esteemed Contributor

I still have the original large container that I brought when it was first presented because I tried to take his cholestracare with fibermucil and the fibermucil totally didn't agree with me and even cutting back on the fiber pills didn't help so I wound up just taking the cholestrol capsules so that it wouldn't be a totally waste.  I am not a fan of dark chocolate but I brought it actually for my husband who practically eats anything slightly sweet and he didn't like the taste at all so I tried it and didn't care for it at first but the more I ate it I started to enjoy it.  For years my doctor would tell me my levels were a little high not enough to subscribe medication but since I started eating two at lunch time my doctor has told me my levels look good.  I'll stick with it as I try to make this year and beyond a healthier lifestyle, by eating more fresh fish, veggies, fruits and exercise.

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 - yes I realized I had my dates confused.  It probably will follow the same pattern as last weekend with the early preview - which of course precludes use of a coupon.