Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have the Philosophy Ballet Rose or Nude Rose scent or cream?

@wagirl wrote:

SA girl--yes there is a scent to it but more like the true smell that roses used to smell like---I  would NEVER buy any rose scent ever---I can sniff that smell a mile away but the true rose smell is very nice.

@wagirl: Thanks for the review! Just what I'm hoping for in a scent, though mine have YET to arrive . . .

Respected Contributor

@Drythe @Shelbelle @kcladyz @wagirl @okprincess @slt79 @BirkiLady @glam_girl + all

Finally (West Coast) my orders of Philosophy's ballet rose and nude rose have arrived. Scent and lotion.

As others have noted the nude rose is more subtle, yet my fav. The ballet rose is strong and, I suspect, stronger than others in my environment might enjoy. Though like it. The nude rose is still rose, but light.

Layering, with the lotion, keeps it fresh for hours.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor

Thank you for the follow up.  Smiley Happy

Now I’m torn, don’t want my scent to scream; but my sense of smell is not so great due to too many sinus infections, I’d like to smell it myself!

You seem happy with both.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe: Keeping both! Heart

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Drythe @Shelbelle @kcladyz @wagirl@OKPrincess @slt79 @BirkiLady@glam_girl + all

Finally (West Coast) my orders of Philosophy's ballet rose and nude rose have arrived. Scent and lotion.

As others have noted the nude rose is more subtle, yet my fav. The ballet rose is strong and, I suspect, stronger than others in my environment might enjoy. Though like it. The nude rose is still rose, but light.

Layering, with the lotion, keeps it fresh for hours.

The Ballet rose I tend to wear  at home.  I try to avoid perfume at work other than rollerball perfume  for so many people do not like perfumes. I like rollerball for you have more control on how much you put on

Honored Contributor

I've been disappointed w/Philosophy in the past too.  Yet, I picked up the Ballet Rose last month in a store.  I like the shower gel and eau de toilette.   Such a pretty, light, understated (to me anyway) scent.

Frequent Contributor

I love Amazing Grace; admittedly not as much as before Coty purchased them but it is a nice clean soft scent on me. I purchased the Nude Rose, thinking it would be a soft clean floral. Wrong! I tried a small touch of the cream (love the texture BTW) and was instantly hit with a sharp floral note - not clean or subtle at all. Reminded me of a typical strong cheap floral scent that tend to give me an instant headache. I did not even open the spray. Major disppointment for me and going straight back.

Trusted Contributor

I have always enjoyed a soft rose fragrance, but realized back when Tea Rose was introduced years ago that applying the edt or edp directly to my skin seem to make the rose announce itself as soon as I walked into a room.  I like the Ballet Rose, but I only use the lotion.  It is softly scented and the scent is quite long lasting.  I have received many compliments when wearing only the lotion. I started using body lotion instead of the perfume many years ago when I fell in love with Clinique Aromatics Elixir.  The edp was too strong, but the body cream was the perfect strength.