Trusted Contributor

Anyone have luck with a firming product?

I know that there isn't much anyone can do other than surgery but I was hoping that there might be something that could help. 

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have luck with a firming product?

I haven't found one yet, lol.  I think other than surgery, fillers may fill out droopy skin making it appear firmer but its temporary.  

If you find one though, let me know!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know it's costly and I have mentioned it before on this forum but I had laser skin tightening all over my face, eyesand neck. It took years off my appearance. Did it about three years ago and with good skincare I am still very happy with my results. I won't do this again for a long time because I probably  won't need it. You can usually get a free consultation and many derms offer financing...that's the only way I could afford it.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I know it's costly and I have mentioned it before on this forum but I had laser skin tightening all over my face, eyesand neck. It took years off my appearance. Did it about three years ago and with good skincare I am still very happy with my results. I won't do this again for a long time because I probably  won't need it. You can usually get a free consultation and many derms offer financing...that's the only way I could afford it.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

Would you mind sharing what you paid for this?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44,

I don't mind saying it cost me 1800. That was for face, eyes and neck. This price is low compared to other places in the country.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44,

Is that price shocking or not?

Super Contributor

Not shocking to me, but does it hurt?  And, did it take a while for your skin to recover?  

Honored Contributor

It did not hurt at all, thanks to the numbing cream. I had series of treatments, 4 altogether, spaced one month apart. Each time my skin was very red, like a bad sunburn, and faded completely in a few days. There's no down time really. Just put on your makeup and go. I just hated the trip home AFTER each session...bright red face!...LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44,

Is that price shocking or not?

@SilleeMee

Actually, I have no idea, lol.    

I've heard of this procedure, but have never really investigated it.    I live in Los Angeles, the land of plastic surgeons ... and dermatologists.   I've got older friends who've gotten face lifts that can only be described as spectacular .... but they paid a LOT.    

Thanks for the info!

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee...Thank you so much for sharing that info! With financing I think I could do it! I recently talked to my PCP about a referral to a dermatologist, I was considering fillers. She showed me how the 'tightening ' would be more effective for what I wanted.

Do you mind sharing what state your in? There is quite a difference in pricing related to location. TIA