Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

wackers, i personally didnt care for the precious cells one. The orig. is much better.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

I tried a few samples of Genifique and it didn't do anything. No bad reaction, but no good reaction either.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

On 6/22/2014 NickNack said:

I know I don't always agree with what Paula says, but I would have serious doubts about purchasing something that she rated as just "Average," especially when the Genifique serums are so expensive. You ought to at least read her review all the way through. It sounds like this serum isn't very good at all. http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/lancome/genifique/_/Genifique-You...

Regardless of what I may think about Genifique, or Beautipedia, many feel it has made a visible positive impact on their skin. And there's no question, it has a very loyal following, not only here in the US but abroad. Not all these women can be "seeing things" so it obviously works well for many.

I will never try to guess why any skincare product seems to work so effectively on some women's skin yet has no effect on others. We all have very unique skin, individual only to us, so no-one can make a blanket statement that something won't work for anyone.

And it may also have to do with what others use and apply to their skin, if their skin is in good shape to begin with and a multiple of other factors that probably all play a part. I just know I will not disregard another person's claim that they have seen genuine benefits from any skincare product, regardless of what my thoughts on that same product are.

I respect Paula a great deal yet I do wish she would relax a bit about her opinions on the cost of skincare. It is apparently a real pet peeve of hers but why not now just let it go - just note, as they already do, what the price range is and let those who turn to Beautypedia for advice, decide for themselves what they are willing to pay. That is the one issue I have with Paula - she needs to let up on costs versus value. Her customer can determine that for themselves. Just my opinion, that's all.

Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 6/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/22/2014 twins mom said:

If it makes any difference to you, I have only heard great things about Genifique from people on this website... I don't use it personally because my skin doesn't do well with Lancôme but I think if you bought it, you would like it... also if you don't, you can sent it back to HSN and get your money back... MSN has great great returns

BTW the picture of Paula on her website looks like she overdid the botox... total frozen face..

This poster has actively posted in the past her dislike for Paula and anything related to her website.....................so I'd take this post with "a grain of salt".

Why? It's her opinion, and she's entitled to it.

I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look. I don't know much about botox, but that's an airbrushed photo for sure.

I use Lancome, and the fact that Paula doesn't like it means absolutely nothing to me. I strongly believe that everyone should try what they're interested in and see what works.

Kiss

I tend to appreciate when someone lists the ingredients. I don't like perfumed skin care products, and I certainly don't want any whose ingredient list has alcohol front and center in addition to other potential irritants. Transparency is a good thing, maybe not so much for companies, though.

And I still don't see how a photo of Paula Begoun, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever, is a relevant point.

Personally, I don't need Paula to list the ingredients for me. That's my own preference, and I know that lots of women disagree and depend on her for that and for her opinions as well. Which of course is totally fine. Her advice has never once worked for me, and in fact has backfired several times. So I get my info elsewhere and form my own opinions.

I think the airbrush/botox issue actually is relevant if the person pictured has their own skincare line and the implication is that she looks that way because she uses it. No, she's certainly not the only one guilty of that. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, and so yes, IMO, it is relevant.

Kiss

Aren't virtually ALL photographs focused on a person air-brushed prior to publication? That's standard practice.

If anyone states CATEGORICALLY, based on that picture, that Paula has had botox, I believe that statement would be 100% subjective as opposed to being based in objective, factual data.

And perhaps the key issue is that it makes no sense to start with a guess and move on to an implication.

To my knowledge, I've never read where Paula "implies" that the way she looks is based solely on her skin care/MU line. Until her picture was referenced by a poster who doesn't like Paula, I wonder how many people even knew it was on the website.

Guesses and sour grapes. I don't think those types of opinions are helpful to any discussion. We all benefit from reading true and sincere experiences and points of view.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/22/2014 wackers said:
On 6/22/2014 drkcharger said:

I have been using this for about four years on and off and i really like it. I also use their mascaras and have for about 30 years.

I absolutely concur regarding their mascaras. They have been my favorites for decades. I would occasionally try another brand but always reverted back to Lancôme's. I have been meaning to try that Definicils mascara - is it called Precious Cells something. I'm drawing a blank but know Julia Roberts did some advertising for it. Have always liked regular Definicils too.

The only mascara that I will use. Thankfully, I've never had to pay for it. It's always in a GWP.

I totally agree that Lancome makes the best mascara. I started with Immencils back in the 1970s and have used just about every formula they've ever produced. Definicils is my present favorite.

As for Lancome skincare it is not kind to my skin. I've tried a number of times to use one skincare product or another from the line and each time end up breaking out badly. Even the cleansers (which are rinsed off) cause it. Most of their products are heavily fragranced and contain a lot of chemical filler ingredients. I will never be one to tell anyone what to spend on cosmetics, but if you are going to pay Lancome skincare prices you can do better.

Honored Contributor

I think people are either: a. retinol people, b. exfoliation/hydroxy acid people, c. heavy moisturizer people, d. antioxidant people, or e. peptide people.

I respond really well to peptides and antioxidants and can't tolerate retinol. Exfoliation helps some, but not that much. And very heavy moisturizer breaks me out. Others are completely the opposite, or they do well with a different mixture.

No idea where Genifique fits into all this. I guess maybe sort of a peptide antioxidant. But like I said, it didn't have any visible effect on my skin.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

I've always been a little sad that I can't use Lancôme products because they have such awesome GWPs. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I must admit that I'm interested in the eye cream. I have tried everything for my dark circles, and the only thing that hides them is sunglasses. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/22/2014 twins mom said:

If it makes any difference to you, I have only heard great things about Genifique from people on this website... I don't use it personally because my skin doesn't do well with Lancôme but I think if you bought it, you would like it... also if you don't, you can sent it back to HSN and get your money back... MSN has great great returns

BTW the picture of Paula on her website looks like she overdid the botox... total frozen face..

This poster has actively posted in the past her dislike for Paula and anything related to her website.....................so I'd take this post with "a grain of salt".

Why? It's her opinion, and she's entitled to it.

I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look. I don't know much about botox, but that's an airbrushed photo for sure.

I use Lancome, and the fact that Paula doesn't like it means absolutely nothing to me. I strongly believe that everyone should try what they're interested in and see what works.

Kiss

I tend to appreciate when someone lists the ingredients. I don't like perfumed skin care products, and I certainly don't want any whose ingredient list has alcohol front and center in addition to other potential irritants. Transparency is a good thing, maybe not so much for companies, though.

And I still don't see how a photo of Paula Begoun, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever, is a relevant point.

Personally, I don't need Paula to list the ingredients for me. That's my own preference, and I know that lots of women disagree and depend on her for that and for her opinions as well. Which of course is totally fine. Her advice has never once worked for me, and in fact has backfired several times. So I get my info elsewhere and form my own opinions.

I think the airbrush/botox issue actually is relevant if the person pictured has their own skincare line and the implication is that she looks that way because she uses it. No, she's certainly not the only one guilty of that. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, and so yes, IMO, it is relevant.

Kiss

You initially stated that "I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look." Yet now you say that her advice has never worked for you. A minor but telling point, as I thought I had recalled your posting about her and her site before.

I don't NEED her to list the ingredients for me, but I find it convenient, especially when large companies are so reluctant to do so.

I have no clue and no interest in her photo, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever. I'm interested only in facts and results, and neither, for me, is dependent on photos.

No, I have never gone to her website before. "A minor but telling point"? Who are you to judge me, or to jump to conclusions about what I said?

I work in television and have been exposed to her & several of her television appearances as part of my professional life. And I read things she had written years ago.

I have posted about her before, but I never once said I went to her website. That's 100% the truth, and you can choose to believe it or not.

And I said that I know some women like her and like to get ingredient lists from her. But I don't. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours.

Don't try to discredit what I said. There are no inconsistencies at all, and I resent being called a liar.

Kiss

Trusted Contributor

On 6/22/2014 ElvisShops said:

I must admit that I'm interested in the eye cream. I have tried everything for my dark circles, and the only thing that hides them is sunglasses. Smiley Sad

This made me laugh {#emotions_dlg.lol} out loud! Also an honest fact!