Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

I tried it about a yr ago and it didn't do anything and was a tad on the irritation side. Sent it back. Lancome's just not for me and my body chemistry.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

I've tried my share of lines, but this is one I have never ever been enticed or even remotely interested in trying. I see no benefit whatsoever to use skincare that has fragrance. Perricone doesn't, does he? He just lets them smell as they are! (I could be wrong.)

I've tried SkinCeuticals already, and that stuff was atrocious as far as natural smell. But at least they didn't cover anything up with fragrance. Maybe that's why L puts in the alcohol, to fix the fragrance...?

There are so many truly beneficial things to use, things that really do make a difference in skin texture & brightness. But L is a huge company with a lot of selling power. And besides, there are on selling TV.

Valued Contributor

I had a small sample bottle of it and it did absolutely nothing for me either. I also had a sample packet of the Genifique eye cream and I had a bad allergic reaction to it. My eyes itched, swelled up to a slit, and hurt, and didn't return to normal for days. I almost NEVER have reactions to products and use some strong stuff!

Respected Contributor

On 6/22/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 6/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/22/2014 twins mom said:

If it makes any difference to you, I have only heard great things about Genifique from people on this website... I don't use it personally because my skin doesn't do well with Lancôme but I think if you bought it, you would like it... also if you don't, you can sent it back to HSN and get your money back... MSN has great great returns

BTW the picture of Paula on her website looks like she overdid the botox... total frozen face..

This poster has actively posted in the past her dislike for Paula and anything related to her website.....................so I'd take this post with "a grain of salt".

Why? It's her opinion, and she's entitled to it.

I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look. I don't know much about botox, but that's an airbrushed photo for sure.

I use Lancome, and the fact that Paula doesn't like it means absolutely nothing to me. I strongly believe that everyone should try what they're interested in and see what works.

Kiss

I tend to appreciate when someone lists the ingredients. I don't like perfumed skin care products, and I certainly don't want any whose ingredient list has alcohol front and center in addition to other potential irritants. Transparency is a good thing, maybe not so much for companies, though.

And I still don't see how a photo of Paula Begoun, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever, is a relevant point.

Personally, I don't need Paula to list the ingredients for me. That's my own preference, and I know that lots of women disagree and depend on her for that and for her opinions as well. Which of course is totally fine. Her advice has never once worked for me, and in fact has backfired several times. So I get my info elsewhere and form my own opinions.

I think the airbrush/botox issue actually is relevant if the person pictured has their own skincare line and the implication is that she looks that way because she uses it. No, she's certainly not the only one guilty of that. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, and so yes, IMO, it is relevant.

Kiss

PB makes no bones about Botox and I've read she likes it, uses it, and recommends for those who need it.

Valued Contributor

On 6/22/2014 wallflower said: I have to agree with BellaCarro. I had the same reaction.

Add me to the list of bad reactions from the product. I got a free 7-day sample and within 24 hours, I had two large welts on my face. Into the trash the rest of the sample went! As others have noted, any skincare from Lancome breaks me out; I'm convinced it's because of their high percentages of perfumes. (The only thing I can use is their marvelous Definicils mascara, which I've used forever.)

Respected Contributor

The above is irrelevant to the topic, but since we steered off in that direction, I thought I'd mention Paula's stance and actual excitement over Botox. She speaks on this as well as other fillers. Paula B has been honest about her pro-Botox opinion & her own experience. While Botox has its own side effects, Paula is a self-proponent for these injections over fillers which can leave lumps and bumps under the skin.

Certainly no great revelation that skin care can't handle deep furrows or crows feet. They can temporarily soften them---BUT we ALL know that, further proving Paula B's realistic expectations from any skincare product. Kind of refreshing after all the absurd claims continually used to sell products.

Honored Contributor

I took the ""7 day challenge"" within the last couple of years that HSN issued with this product. They included 7 days worth of the product in all orders not too long before it was a TS.

All I ended up with was a face full of zits.

Honored Contributor

If it makes any difference to you, I have only heard great things about Genifique from people on this website... I don't use it personally because my skin doesn't do well with Lancôme but I think if you bought it, you would like it... also if you don't, you can sent it back to HSN and get your money back... MSN has great great returns

BTW the picture of Paula on her website looks like she overdid the botox... total frozen face..

This poster has actively posted in the past her dislike for Paula and anything related to her website.....................so I'd take this post with "a grain of salt".

I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look. I don't know much about botox, but that's an airbrushed photo for sure.

I use Lancome, and the fact that Paula doesn't like it means absolutely nothing to me. I strongly believe that everyone should try what they're interested in and see what works.

Kiss

I tend to appreciate when someone lists the ingredients. I don't like perfumed skin care products, and I certainly don't want any whose ingredient list has alcohol front and center in addition to other potential irritants. Transparency is a good thing, maybe not so much for companies, though.

And I still don't see how a photo of Paula Begoun, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever, is a relevant point.

Personally, I don't need Paula to list the ingredients for me. That's my own preference, and I know that lots of women disagree and depend on her for that and for her opinions as well. Which of course is totally fine. Her advice has never once worked for me, and in fact has backfired several times. So I get my info elsewhere and form my own opinions.

I think the airbrush/botox issue actually is relevant if the person pictured has their own skincare line and the implication is that she looks that way because she uses it. No, she's certainly not the only one guilty of that. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, and so yes, IMO, it is relevant.

Kiss

You initially stated that "I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look." Yet now you say that her advice has never worked for you. A minor but telling point, as I thought I had recalled your posting about her and her site before.

I don't NEED her to list the ingredients for me, but I find it convenient, especially when large companies are so reluctant to do so.

I have no clue and no interest in her photo, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever. I'm interested only in facts and results, and neither, for me, is dependent on photos.

No, I have never gone to her website before. "A minor but telling point"? Who are you to judge me, or to jump to conclusions about what I said?

I work in television and have been exposed to her & several of her television appearances as part of my professional life. And I read things she had written years ago.

I have posted about her before, but I never once said I went to her website. That's 100% the truth, and you can choose to believe it or not.

And I said that I know some women like her and like to get ingredient lists from her. But I don't. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours.

Don't try to discredit what I said. There are no inconsistencies at all, and I resent being called a liar.

Kiss

I very much apologize for assuming that your experience, knowledge, and opinions regarding Paula Begoun meant that you had visited her website. That assumption in part comes from the fact that I had virtually no such experience or knowledge of her before learning about her products/website here on this forum.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Kiss

Kiss

You initially stated that "I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look." Yet now you say that her advice has never worked for you. A minor but telling point, as I thought I had recalled your posting about her and her site before.

I don't NEED her to list the ingredients for me, but I find it convenient, especially when large companies are so reluctant to do so.

I have no clue and no interest in her photo, whether it's airbrushed or botoxed or whatever. I'm interested only in facts and results, and neither, for me, is dependent on photos.

No, I have never gone to her website before. "A minor but telling point"? Who are you to judge me, or to jump to conclusions about what I said?

I work in television and have been exposed to her & several of her television appearances as part of my professional life. And I read things she had written years ago.

I have posted about her before, but I never once said I went to her website. That's 100% the truth, and you can choose to believe it or not.

And I said that I know some women like her and like to get ingredient lists from her. But I don't. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours.

Don't try to discredit what I said. There are no inconsistencies at all, and I resent being called a liar.

Kiss

I very much apologize for assuming that your experience, knowledge, and opinions regarding Paula Begoun meant that you had visited her website. That assumption in part comes from the fact that I had virtually no such experience or knowledge of her before learning about her products/website here on this forum.

Thank you. I think many of us are so computer-oriented that we forget there are other ways to get information. I rely heavily on websites & searches myself. I appreciate your apology very much.

Kiss

Super Contributor

Kiss

Kiss

Aren't virtually ALL photographs focused on a person air-brushed prior to publication? That's standard practice.

If anyone states CATEGORICALLY, based on that picture, that Paula has had botox, I believe that statement would be 100% subjective as opposed to being based in objective, factual data.

And perhaps the key issue is that it makes no sense to start with a guess and move on to an implication.

To my knowledge, I've never read where Paula "implies" that the way she looks is based solely on her skin care/MU line. Until her picture was referenced by a poster who doesn't like Paula, I wonder how many people even knew it was on the website.

Guesses and sour grapes. I don't think those types of opinions are helpful to any discussion. We all benefit from reading true and sincere experiences and points of view.

People.. the girl hates me and baits me.... yes Paula is the all knowing goddess of beauty and skin care... hope that makes you happy! Everyone has a right to an opinion which you obviously don't agree with... I have heard many positive reviews of this Lancôme product... That is a FACT!