Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

I was at this local store yesterday (similar to a Whole Foods) and I was checking out some of their skincare, hoping to find a nice mist type product to spray on after cleansing/ or even mid day. I forget the brand, as it wasn't really a familiar one to me, but they had 2 different sprays, one for sensitive skin and one for dry skin.

The sensitive one looked fine, ingredient wise, nothing offensive but with my super dry skin, I thought probably the mist for dry skin might be better. it also stated on the front that it had rose seed oil in it and I know some here swear by RSO. So I check the ingredients and the 4th one is alcohol and the 8th one is witch hazel. That just made no sense to me whatsoever and obviously I didn't purchase it.

I don't get some of these companies sometimes.

Genifique is a big seller world wide but I've never felt any need to try it. I like more specific ingredient dense serums. Paula's opinion of many things doesn't always fit mine so I rarely buy or not buy based on the Beautipedia opinion. I rarely even check there anymore. Yet there was little about Genifique that appealed to me - never have completely understood what it is suppose to do?

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have good results from Genifique serum? Paula's reviews are not good for Lancome

The pics and talk sounded sooo good. then I read the ingredient deck. As usual, WAY too many cones for my cone sens skin.

Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 wackers said:

I was at this local store yesterday (similar to a Whole Foods) and I was checking out some of their skincare, hoping to find a nice mist type product to spray on after cleansing/ or even mid day. I forget the brand, as it wasn't really a familiar one to me, but they had 2 different sprays, one for sensitive skin and one for dry skin.

The sensitive one looked fine, ingredient wise, nothing offensive but with my super dry skin, I thought probably the mist for dry skin might be better. it also stated on the front that it had rose seed oil in it and I know some here swear by RSO. So I check the ingredients and the 4th one is alcohol and the 8th one is witch hazel. That just made no sense to me whatsoever and obviously I didn't purchase it.

Genifique is a big seller world wide but I've never felt any need to try it. I like more specific ingredient dense serums. Paula's opinion of many things doesn't always fit mine so I rarely buy or not buy based on the Beautipedia opinion. I rarely even check there anymore. Yet there was little about Genifique that appealed to me - never have completely understood what it is suppose to do?

Sometimes Beautypedia is the easiest and quickest way to find an ingredient list.

As for what Genifique is supposed to do for you? Silly, didn't you listen to the host this morning? I happened to catch her when she said that it will give you back the skin you had when you were in your 20s (her daughter's age). {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I have to avoid any and all Lancôme products because they are soooo heavily scented.

Contributor

I have been using this for about four years on and off and i really like it. I also use their mascaras and have for about 30 years.

Super Contributor

I would love to try it, but Lancôme's track record with my skin is a big zero. I was on a full regime, eye cream, moisturizer, serums, day creams night creams for a whole year---no result of any kind. My mother is on the whole line and it has done wonders for her 80 yo skin. Her skin is so great now, she doesn't need another thing.
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/22/2014 twins mom said:

If it makes any difference to you, I have only heard great things about Genifique from people on this website... I don't use it personally because my skin doesn't do well with Lancôme but I think if you bought it, you would like it... also if you don't, you can sent it back to HSN and get your money back... MSN has great great returns

BTW the picture of Paula on her website looks like she overdid the botox... total frozen face..

This poster has actively posted in the past her dislike for Paula and anything related to her website.....................so I'd take this post with "a grain of salt".

Why? It's her opinion, and she's entitled to it.

I never went to Paula's website before, but I just took a look. I don't know much about botox, but that's an airbrushed photo for sure.

I use Lancome, and the fact that Paula doesn't like it means absolutely nothing to me. I strongly believe that everyone should try what they're interested in and see what works.

Kiss

Respected Contributor

Nevermind.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/22/2014 wackers said:

Sometimes Beautypedia is the easiest and quickest way to find an ingredient list.

As for what Genifique is supposed to do for you? Silly, didn't you listen to the host this morning? I happened to catch her when she said that it will give you back the skin you had when you were in your 20s (her daughter's age). {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

OHHHH, I was completely unaware that if I just used this, I could forget about all the other products I use.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I mean really, if it will take my skin back to my 20's then why even bother with any of my other serums, oils or creams. They would be meaningless, if I already have my 20 year old skin back.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

When hosts say things like this, it just turns me in the opposite direction. I don't expect any product to be life changing (how we wish) but when they make off the wall commentary that is absurdly unrealistic, it just annoys me to the point that I click the show off. I don't often hear stuff like that (well, not that drastic anyway) from many of the HSN hosts but I don't watch that many shows there either.

I have finally gotten completely and totally bored with TV shopping and listening to the malarkey, (don't you just love that word?) regardless of what they are selling, has become intolerable for me.

And just think, ladies, we start Christmas in less than 30 days {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Esteemed Contributor

I use it and I like it. Takes about 30 days to see results. As others said it you don't like it, send it back.

I find the fragrance really nice, nothing strong. It does go on well and I feel it locks in moisture better when I use it.

LynninMI posted that the ingredient stack for Genifique is similar to L'Oreal Youth Code Serum Intense. I have that as well. I think L'Oreal's formulation is a little sticky. Overall it's a nice serum for $20 and a decent DS dupe. I don't get the results that I do with Genefique but it is a decent serum.