Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Philosophy TSV?

Animal testing makes it a no for me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/21/2015 Tribefan said: I ordered it but if it stays "in process" much longer I might cancel it. At first I was shocked by the TSV price but when I checked the individual item prices it does seem a good value. I've only tried purity cleanser before & I like it but at this price I'll have to LOVE the other products or it'll go back. The reviews on most of the items were good. Fingers crossed this ships soon & I love everything in the kit.

Check to see where they're warehouse is that the product is coming out of. I ordered from Evine live on a makeup item last weekend. Due to the ice storm in Kentucky, no trucks can get to the warehouse to ship the stuff out. I talked to customer service yesterday and that's what they said. My status of "in process" will be on my order status for quite some time now. It all depends on the weather and today will be a huge snow storm for the mid atlantic states plus ice on top of that.

Respected Contributor

I'm a big Phil fan but I'm passing on this one. Don't like supersizes, except for Purity. But I just bought the 32 oz Purity on the Phil site at 30% off. And even though I'm a Phil fan, HIAJ products aren't my fave. If you're going to use all the products, and use a lot of them, go for it! But I do better purchasing exactly what I need when I need it.
Trusted Contributor

On 2/21/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 2/21/2015 Tribefan said: I ordered it but if it stays "in process" much longer I might cancel it. At first I was shocked by the TSV price but when I checked the individual item prices it does seem a good value. I've only tried purity cleanser before & I like it but at this price I'll have to LOVE the other products or it'll go back. The reviews on most of the items were good. Fingers crossed this ships soon & I love everything in the kit.

Check to see where they're warehouse is that the product is coming out of. I ordered from Evine live on a makeup item last weekend. Due to the ice storm in Kentucky, no trucks can get to the warehouse to ship the stuff out. I talked to customer service yesterday and that's what they said. My status of "in process" will be on my order status for quite some time now. It all depends on the weather and today will be a huge snow storm for the mid atlantic states plus ice on top of that.

How do you check where the warehouse is? I have another issue- I'll be out of town for over a week so I need to get it by Friday. The EDD when ordered was Thursday so I figured I'd be ok. Don't want to worry about it sitting out in subzero temps for days. I'll have someone checking mail but not everyday. I might have mail held but if it comes UPS I'm not sure how long they will hold it. Sure hope it ships soon.
Honored Contributor

I dont care for Purity cleanser. I also would never use the HIAT Eye cream, mineral oil based, would give me milia.

Contributor

Love Purity, but don't know if quality is still there. Since new owners have had Philosophy Ive ordered bath/lotions, and my fav's no longer smell very good Smiley Sad so I don't buy anymore. If any of you have used the "old" Purity vs "new Purity" let me know if they are same. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

1) Too expensive

2) Philosophy products are not all they're cracked up to be, IMO

3) I didn't know about the animal testing, but that's a big no-no for cosmetics and skin care in my book.

Therefore, no. The only thing that looks interesting to me is the headband, but I have headbands that work just fine, so no. Just no.

Honored Contributor

I am moving soon and there are at least a dozen Philosophy products under the sink which I'm sure are rancid by now. I can't believe the money I spent on them. I'm trashing them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Ford1224, why don't you donate them; I am sure your local shelters would welcome them. You can also take them to your workplace, and they will disappear in a flash. I hate the thought of you throwing them away.

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2015 Vamp said:

1) Too expensive

2) Philosophy products are not all they're cracked up to be, IMO

3) I didn't know about the animal testing, but that's a big no-no for cosmetics and skin care in my book.

Therefore, no. The only thing that looks interesting to me is the headband, but I have headbands that work just fine, so no. Just no.

QVC used to sell the Tassi headband that's included in this TSV, but I don't see them currently offered on their own. If you do decide you want one, you can purchase directly from the Tassi site or Amazon (a few other place have them, too).

♥ Life is beauty full ♥