Trusted Contributor

Re: DC rxdRe: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

Isomers CS is excellent. I have in the past sent emails with a list of my concerns & the products I own along with screen shots of my specific concerns. They always got back to me with products I need not what products they were promoting on Evine at the time.

It may take a few days if they are travelling but you always will get a response. Same when you order direct & leave a voicemail with any concerns. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

[ Edited ]

I didn’t get the caviar noir set now but am following these discussions closely and maybe will get it in winter, if any discounts will be offered.

I know this is not related to the topic but maybe the experts ( @Porcelain and others I might not know) could help me with explaining why and how is Haloxyl so good for dark circles, among others. I have deep, dark circles un my eyes, and while they seem to be genetic, I know some of these skincare serums or creams claim to be working on those dark circles too. I searched and tried lots and lots of “best solutions” with no success. Now I see on both Isomers and Skinn websites they have eye treatments with Haloxyl. Which one would you think would work best so I won’t order the one with maybe a not-so-good carrier of the main ingredient/s, hence with lower chances of success?

Thank you so much in advance for any input on this.

Esteemed Contributor

Some information about using the Caviar - incorporating with your other products [hope this helps] :
*The Serum Noir Caviar may be applied day and/or night.
*It may be applied over top the Ultimate Super Skin Serum Night Formula.
*If using the R PUR, use R PUR at night and Serum Noir Caviar daytime.
*If using H PUR, mix H PUR with your cream and apply Serum Noir Caviar along with your other serums.
*You may apply Creme Noir Caviar daytime, after all serums and over top an alternate moisturizer if need be.
*The Masque Noir Caviar is to be applied as your last step at night time...over top all other serums and creams.

Image may contain: text

Honored Contributor

@sfrangu wrote:

I didn’t get the caviar noir set now but am following these discussions closely and maybe will get it in winter, if any discounts will be offered.

I know this is not related to the topic but maybe the experts ( @Porcelain and others I might not know) could help me with explaining why and how is Haloxyl so good for dark circles, among others. I have deep, dark circles un my eyes, and while they seem to be genetic, I know some of these skincare serums or creams claim to be working on those dark circles too. I searched and tried lots and lots of “best solutions” with no success. Now I see on both Isomers and Skinn websites they have eye treatments with Haloxyl. Which one would you think would work best so I won’t order the one with maybe a not-so-good carrier of the main ingredient/s, hence with lower chances of success?

Thank you so much in advance for any input on this.

@sfrangu, You are right. Haloxyl has been around for a long while and is proven to help with dark circles. I've used it in products for years. It really does help with my hereditary/ structural under eye circles.

Here's a link to a pdf document all about Haloxyl from the manufacturer Sederma, now called Croda. It provides the study results that back up the claims about this ingredient.

My favorite product that contains it is Mesmer-Eyez All in One serum by Isomers. If you look at the ingredient deck, Haloxyl and other key eye area actives such as Eyeliss are very high in the list, right after water and glycerin. Three forms of Matrixyl are in that product as well, which strengthen the fine, thin skin in that area.

This is a very brief video from Isomers about the product that covers the actives in the Mesmer Eyez serum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HHxqiJVdE

HTH a little? Heart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

Oh, thank you so much, @Porcelain, for taking the time to respond! I always look for your detailed posts. 

I have the Mesmer-Eyez All in One Tightening serum, bought from Evine and has no Haloxyl among the ingredients. Are the 2 serums different from their website to Evine?

What’s your opinion about R Pur for eyes? 

I’d like to know how much of the main ingredients is in the serums and creams. Only listing them doesn’t help too much.

Thank you again!

Honored Contributor

@sfrangu wrote:

Oh, thank you so much, @Porcelain, for taking the time to respond! I always look for your detailed posts. 

I have the Mesmer-Eyez All in One Tightening serum, bought from Evine and has no Haloxyl among the ingredients. Are the 2 serums different from their website to Evine?

What’s your opinion about R Pur for eyes? 

I’d like to know how much of the main ingredients is in the serums and creams. Only listing them doesn’t help too much.

Thank you again!

Thank you for the compliment, @sfrangu! I'm happy for you that you snagged a Mesmer-Eyez from Evine. Mesmer-Eyez does contain Haloxyl. Please let me demonstrate.

Haloxyl is a brand name. Brand names are not listed in ingredient lists. Ingredient lists can only contain official standardized "INCI" names for the ingredients.

It's sort of like how Retin A is a brand name for tretinoin. And generally you will see tretinoin on the package of your "Retin A" because that is the proper INCI term for it, rather than the brand name.

The brand Haloxyl is actually a combo of INCI ingredients. Those ingredients are listed one by one, along with others, on the ingredient list.

Haloxyl =

• Glycerin
  • Water (aqua)
  • Steareth-20
  • N-Hydroxysuccinimide
  • Chrysin
  • Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7
  • Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1

Source: http://dir.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/detail/tradeName.html?id=16321

The above bullet point ingredients are prominent in the ingredient list for the Mesmer-Eyez serum.

R Pur for eyes is useful if you have a certain condition with your undereye area. If you have actual bags under your eyes with fat deposits in them, then the ingredientis in the R Pur are designed to help deflate them. If that is not your main concern, then R Pur is not the best idea.

* In case you were wondering, INCI stands for International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients. (YES I AM A COMPLETE NERD! LOL)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

All these details are really helpful in understanding the ingredients and make educated choice, for which I thank you again, @Porcelain! Love the nerd talk, btw Smiley Wink

This is also discouraging for me though because I didn’t see any improvement since using the Mesmer-Eyez, and I’ve been using it for at least 3-4 times a week for more than a month now. Maybe even longer, I’ll have to check the date when I received it in summer. So maybe my dark circle have only one remedy: makeup Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS @Porcelain @Linmo I haven’t been on here really the last few days. Between working, watching the Packers, Bucks and Brewer’s almost every night who are in the playoffs my days are full. LOL! (Obviously huge sports fan here. 😉)

Anyways, just a quick update before I head off to bed for the night: since the wknd I have kept things very simple. I found my Isomers super size Copper P and super sized Matrixyl Advanced Wrinkle Defense Serum that I ordered last year and forgot about (and never used 🙈🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️). Thats all I’ve been mixing together (day and night) and putting on my face/neck. (Following with a mix of Skinn’s DWP and Pep40 body butters on my neck/dec.)

@Linmo I do normally use Isomers Exfoliating Tea Tree Cleanser (used to be called Australian Harvest I believe) as my morning cleanser. I recently ran out and need to reorder. Love it as my morning cleanser. The Daily Control Serum I have too and use that when needed also. (Both of these I ordered last year and have used since - at least off and on.)

Today I rec’d my Pep40 capsules, so for the first time tonight I mixed a bit of it w/ the Copper P and Matrixyl. We’ll see how it goes adding this in now, bc as of now my skin is doing great. No breakouts, not super oily (cool temps help with this though too), calmer (Copper P???). I also rec’d the Skinn DermAppeal and am using each morning. My oily skin LOVES exfoliation, that’s why I am using daily instead of the twice/week like it says on the tube.  I swear there’s a smoothness again that’s not been there as of late.

Also, my Isomers orders shipped yesterday and are showing a delivery for tomorrow already (all except the Advanced Orders - Caviar set and Deep Crease cream I believe). Yay!

Last, I do intend to email Isomers about the products I ordered. I’ve just not had the time to do it yet.  I will though!😉 Thanks again, ladies! Hope you all are well.