Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

What will Manuela come out with next???

@rochelleS I don't know but I'm going to have to stop watching... I already have more products than I can use! I intend to contact Francesca about using the Caviar kit too. Since I contact Isomers via email, Francesca prepared a spreadsheet for me with routine recommendations.

lol, lol @Tennessee Vol.

I keep saying I need two faces! I love watching Manuela. I find its always been a good refresher on skin care, my regime and new information. I was NOT going to purchase this visit. Nope, I'd rec'd my "lost" pkg with booster products etc and had some catching up to do. Pffffft, that didn't last long. Actually, it was all the forum chat that was enabling. Resisting was futile. Often the comments, actual feedback, general interest and enthusiasm piques my attention. Happens here, on the Linea, Wen and Wellness forums for me. There's many very astute women who offer and share great info and some wonderful comments which I love and appreciate reading.

So, am I bad or very, very good? I'll just leave that one alone for now...🤔🙄🙃☺

Respected Contributor

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

I'm very happy with my current Isomers regimen, but after speaking with Isomers about it and based on the before and after photos, I decided to order a set.  I plan to use it as part of a 'take the weekend off' routine.  I do believe in giving your skin care regimen a break and Manuella also said that it helps with absorbency.  

@Linmo 

What is a "take the weekend off" routine? Also will you share what Isomers told you about the kit that changed your mind about purchasing it?

I bought 2 of the kits and don't know exactly how I will incorporate these new products with what I'm using now...

Thanks in advance!

@Tennessee Vol@rochelleSI was impressed by the before and after photos of the cavier set, but concerned about the added fragrance so that's why I contacted Isomers.  The Isomers rep assured me that the products are very light and do not contain any heavy scented oils, like the lavendar oil in the super skin serum.  I've tried that product more than once in the past, only to get one or more red bumps that were hard to get rid of.  I also try to avoid heavy serums and creams which tend to clog my pores and cause similar problems.  The rep said that the cavier products do not fall into that category.

I like to play with Isomers' products.  I don't think that I want to (at least initially) add the cavier products to my current morning or evening routine, but I would rather either use them as a bootcamp, where I replace my evening products with the cavier set for a couple of weeks and see what the results are or use the products exclusively every weekend like Skinn suggests with their 'take the weekend off' product.  After that, I'll figure out if and how I want to incorporate all or some of them.  I might add the ones I like into my routine or continue using them as a bootcamp or TTWO or I might decide that they aren't right for me.  

Respected Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

I'm very happy with my current Isomers regimen, but after speaking with Isomers about it and based on the before and after photos, I decided to order a set.  I plan to use it as part of a 'take the weekend off' routine.  I do believe in giving your skin care regimen a break and Manuella also said that it helps with absorbency.  

@Linmo 

What is a "take the weekend off" routine? Also will you share what Isomers told you about the kit that changed your mind about purchasing it?

I bought 2 of the kits and don't know exactly how I will incorporate these new products with what I'm using now...

Thanks in advance!

@Tennessee Vol@rochelleSI was impressed by the before and after photos of the cavier set, but concerned about the added fragrance so that's why I contacted Isomers.  The Isomers rep assured me that the products are very light and do not contain any heavy scented oils, like the lavendar oil in the super skin serum.  I've tried that product more than once in the past, only to get one or more red bumps that were hard to get rid of.  I also try to avoid heavy serums and creams which tend to clog my pores and cause similar problems.  The rep said that the cavier products do not fall into that category.

I like to play with Isomers' products.  I don't think that I want to (at least initially) add the cavier products to my current morning or evening routine, but I would rather either use them as a bootcamp, where I replace my evening products with the cavier set for a couple of weeks and see what the results are or use the products exclusively every weekend like Skinn suggests with their 'take the weekend off' product.  After that, I'll figure out if and how I want to incorporate all or some of them.  I might add the ones I like into my routine or continue using them as a bootcamp or TTWO or I might decide that they aren't right for me.  

@Linmo Thanks for sharing! I did email Isomers and will post what their response is. 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@rochelleS Good Morning to you also!

I am aware of the thought on how diet can be a factor with say oily skin, but not hormonal skin issues. I do practice a healthy lifestyle and eat well, etc., but never connected diet with hormones. I’ll have to look into this more. Thanks for mentioning.

As for the patch test, my skin is not sensitive in the way of this being needed with products, so maybe use of the word “sensitive” is misleading. (It’s actually quite tough/tolerant in that respect.) I say sensitive or reactive bc the wrong products can cause some breakouts. Hope that’s more clear - those descriptions may have been unclear. Sorry if that was the case.

I will add, late last night, I actually decided to order the H-Pur TTV. When Manuela showed the pics of how it benefits oily skin and said it’s essential for balancing it out I decided to go for it. She called it a “non-negotiable”. Balance is what I need, I know, and everything I’ve tried to date has not really been successful (ex’s being different types of moisturizers (heavy to light), no moisturizer, oils, no oils, etc.). Nothing to date seems to have made a difference on oil output during my lifetime of dealing with it. If the H-Pur can bring moisture and balance to my skin with out being heavy or breaking me out, then yay for me. LOL!  Manuela’s explanation seemed to make sense and during another video I watched she felt it was a very important product for oily skin that gets breakouts. She’s so knowledgeable to listen to. I have decided to trust her and trust my skin to her, so that’s why I added the H-Pur TTV.

I am not expecting miracles, but to find a good balance and to find some “good for my skin” ingredients/products would be great. Isomers products seem to be very pure and on the lighter side with most being serums. I am realisitic but hopeful. Thanks for the encouragement and lending an ear. Your help is greatly appreciated.

@AmericanBulldogMom

Have you ever contacted Isomers directly? I don't recall if you'd mentioned that previously. If not, please consider. You are very invested in embracing changes in your skin care regime, on every level. Imo, every thing available is to your benefit.

Somewhat related but with a different twist to skin, hormones, diet and life style is something I'd experienced years ago. It's conceptual and I'll try to keep it short, which is often not my forte. 

Years ago I had a fall, seriously injured, surgery and four years before I would walk properly, among other things. It was awful and very humbling. 

I was bound and determined not to live the rest of my life like this. I reached out to every source and more. I was extremely determined. I had a mission to accomplish. A tv news story about a neuro psychologist, whom I called, generated a referal. Speaking with others, friends, total strangers with the same type of injury that were so gracious and helpful. Pharmacists.Dieticians with a pharmacology backgrounds. Every kind of doctor, practioner, pt, ot, and more. Major university medical papers and thesis's. Bought a medical dictionary. Hell, if I heard standing on my head at 8 am for twenty minutes would help I'd do that in a heartbeat too. I was tenacious. No lemons or lemonade. I was cherry picking. I was an ankle biter, wouldn't let go. It worked. I gathered a tremendous amount of info, knowledge and tips, lifestyle, behavior, diet and so much more to help myself become so much more than the injury. 

So what's the moral of my story...leave no stone unturned. There are answers out there. So many more than you might imagine. Lastly, I do look for consensus of opinions. Three + and I'm on the right track. ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

Re: DC rxdRe: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

@Harpa wrote:

I may be wrong, but I get the sneaking suspicion that "oily skin" is mostly due to wrong skincare, or wrong skincare methods. The other part of the equation may be due to overall diet & health. Both oily and/or overly dry.

(But dry also has another factor - that of living environment.)

The one thing I believe in, is that you don't want to overload your skin, as you stated in your "Many products" paragraph, you inadvertently skew your potential for healthy, balanced skin. And you don't want to "turn off" (as it were) your own skin's moisture mechanism.

I can't help also in commenting about those demos that I've seen from Serious Skincare, Dimitri, and now Manuela. To me, it's more the stimulating massage that makes the model appear fresher-faced with glowing skin.

What a neat illusion to make one think its from the products they are using!

@Harpa, I always find what you write interesting and intriguing. I wish I saw your posts more often.

In this case, I get what you are saying, but I tend to think that people who say they have oily skin really do have oily skin and would have oily skin regardless their skincare. I have dry skin, and it is not due to inadequate or excessive skincare.

When I was younger I was oily. It makes sense that genetically, some people stay oily all their lives. I think some people with normal (neither dry nor oily) skin may find it harder to relate to or even believe in the experiences of people who don't have normal skin.

Also it is clinically proven that the skin's barrier gets weaker as you get older. Trans Epidermal Water Loss is a real issue, dermatologists will tell you. Older skin, for most people, doesn't produce all the protection and ceramides that younger skin does. It does have to be supplemented for those people. It can be made worse by overexfoliating and use of soap or harsh cleansers. But that has nothing to do with using collagen building actives and moisturizers. Most moistuizers and hydrating serums give some relief from TEWL.

Retinol and Retin A, for all their virtues, do dry out the skin. And lots of extra work has to be done to add in hydration and occlusive moisturizers. In that case, intense skincare does alter the moisturization of the skin, but most people would say it is worth it. I'm sure you also know that there are actives that help regulate the oil and microflora balance on the skin. For people with oily skin, those actives are crucial, or those people can get congested pores and terrible breakouts.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS Wow! You are an inspiration to listen to. How horrible what you went through (geez and now your sister, ugh!). Good for you for seeking out answers to healing and taking back your life - and settling for no less!!

I have not contacted Isomers. I am really just getting “serious” about my skincare. I’ve always stayed fairly simple, as I am in a general a low maintenance person, just dabbling in things here and there, which is what taught me that the wrong things can break me out. LOL!  I believe I am paying more attention to things as I’m getting older. Youth enables you to “relax”  on the things that aren’t really problematic. Meaning I’ve always been oily, but fairly good skin - as I said, really just hormonal break-outs (say 1 or 2 minor blemishes) - nothing ever to the point of “embarrasing”, shall we say. Though I have experimented with trying to control the oiliness, as I mentioned. I’ve never been a foundation wearer as my skin’s never been bad enough to warrant the coverage. Yes, some blush, etc. but no foundation, only setting powder to cut the shine/oiliness. 

So, I’ve never neglected my skin, but it’s not until now that, at 44, I’m feeling the need to get serious about it. I’m starting to see the start of some aging 😏 and want/need to start addressing it now. Any past anti-aging products I’ve dabbled in resulted in break-outs. I’ve found that most anti-aging products seem to be heavy and geared toward drier skin types - a big no for me. This is why I’ve really shyed away from these type of products. Seeing the beginnings of aging on my skin is what’s made me decide to really do it right. This is where Isomers comes in. Manuela’s knowledge and the thinner/serum consistency is what caught my attention this weekend (along with the ladies here who sing the praises of this line 😉).

I, like you, (and as anyone who knows me will tell you) am someone who once they decide to put their mind to something won’t stop until satisfied. I am quite “green” to skincare language and all the ingredients available out there, so to have you and other ladies on this board as a great resource on where to begin is truly appreciated. I am taking in everything I hear and will go from there. Thank you, @rochelleS!

Respected Contributor

I have the same problem of having only one face and so many prducts, i did cancel my order because i need to decide on some of the products that i just started using and wait for reviews . I do think Manuela was truely excited about these products. I think the serum was 1 oz which i really don't care for , even though i know that is the standard.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom

I feel like many things in life, being motivated can make all the difference. You certainly have expressed this here and I applaud and support your endeavors. We all do. 

I'm was lucky in that my grandmother taught me about skincare at an early age. She had beautiful skin and a youthful life loving spirit. I know it's genetics but she was often mistaken as my father's wife instead of his mom. She did take care of herself in a quiet way. 

So in a loving nudge... do consider calling Isomers. Talk to the pro's in person. They're sooo helpful, as you see Tennessee Vol and other attesting to. If your hear and or learn just one new fact or recommendation, it's time well spent. ♡♡♡

Oh btw, I'm playing with the font sizes. If this reply comes out too large when it's posted, I will not use it again. Have a great evening and a fabulous week!

Eta this font is pretty big. Whoa won't use this size again😲.

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@Porcelain @rochelleS This is my plan - start slow. I already know from experience that’s best for my skin anyways. 🤨 

My thoughts/plan: I ordered the snail serum duo 😝 and stem genesis serum duo. I was drawn to these bc Manuela said these are great for sensitive, problematic, active skin maintenance. They are calming and help address this (my) type of skin. (In one video I watched where she said she tells parents who have teens with acne to get them on the stem genesis serum. This sold me almost instantly.) I was going to add these slowly first in hopes of making my skin “happy” and better able to accept the new products. 

I should be clear that my break-outs are mostly hormonal. (Here and there on chin or sides of mouth), but it definitely will break out from heavy products or certain things (ex being most any sunscreen or heavy make-up - though I don’t wear foundation. Never have. Being oily I keep things to a minimum on my face.) I am 44, so probably nearing “changes”, which might contribute to the “confusion” I’m having/seeing of late with my skin. (Just guessing, though no other signs at this time. TMI...I know!  LOL)

If all goes well with the snail serum 😝 and stem genesis serum, my next plan was the Caviar set to be slowly intro’d. Again, bc this sounds like it should be compatible with my skin type - even having the benefits of addressing and helping. And yes @Porcelain, I do have the larger pores which come with a lifetime of oily skin. 😏

Last, if the Caviar intro is successful, thats when the Skinn Pep40 Capsules, Matrixyl 4 and Deep Crease cream come in (because ultimately as I mentioned in an earlier post,  I will be a sagger, not so much a wrinkler). These though, I do however, plan to immediately use on my neck/dec (except the Pep40 caps). I also know that since I don’t like, nor does my oily skin like, to feel a lot on my face that I’m looking at a rotation of products - meaning not everything applied together or every day - at least until I have a firm hold on how my skin’s behaving (or not).

Whew!! Sorry so long. Let me know your thoughts on the above. I am open to any/all suggestions from you ladies. And again, thank you. 😉

@AmericanBulldogMomYou are right to take things slowly and add new products to the mix based on your skin's results.  If you're not inclined to contact Isomers as @rochelleS suggested, they do have a tab on their website home page called 'suggested routines'.  It lists specific product recommendations for different age groups and also for specific skin issues.  

The only suggestion that I would make is that you use a good cleanser.  Both the Isomers and Skinn lines offer high quality cleansers.  I had hormonal breakouts in my late forties/early fifties and started using the Isomers Exfoliating Cleanser with Tea Tree Extact.  They also offer a Daily Control Serum with Tea Tree Extract which I used as well.  I still use the Isomers Exfoliating cleanser in the morning and use the Skinn Olive Enzyme Cleanser for the evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DC rxdRe: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

@Porcelain wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

I may be wrong, but I get the sneaking suspicion that "oily skin" is mostly due to wrong skincare, or wrong skincare methods. The other part of the equation may be due to overall diet & health. Both oily and/or overly dry.

(But dry also has another factor - that of living environment.)

The one thing I believe in, is that you don't want to overload your skin, as you stated in your "Many products" paragraph, you inadvertently skew your potential for healthy, balanced skin. And you don't want to "turn off" (as it were) your own skin's moisture mechanism.

I can't help also in commenting about those demos that I've seen from Serious Skincare, Dimitri, and now Manuela. To me, it's more the stimulating massage that makes the model appear fresher-faced with glowing skin.

What a neat illusion to make one think its from the products they are using!

@Harpa, I always find what you write interesting and intriguing. I wish I saw your posts more often.

In this case, I get what you are saying, but I tend to think that people who say they have oily skin really do have oily skin and would have oily skin regardless their skincare. I have dry skin, and it is not due to inadequate or excessive skincare.

When I was younger I was oily. It makes sense that genetically, some people stay oily all their lives. I think some people with normal (neither dry nor oily) skin may find it harder to relate to or even believe in the experiences of people who don't have normal skin.

Also it is clinically proven that the skin's barrier gets weaker as you get older. Trans Epidermal Water Loss is a real issue, dermatologists will tell you. Older skin, for most people, doesn't produce all the protection and ceramides that younger skin does. It does have to be supplemented for those people. It can be made worse by overexfoliating and use of soap or harsh cleansers. But that has nothing to do with using collagen building actives and moisturizers. Most moistuizers and hydrating serums give some relief from TEWL.

Retinol and Retin A, for all their virtues, do dry out the skin. And lots of extra work has to be done to add in hydration and occlusive moisturizers. In that case, intense skincare does alter the moisturization of the skin, but most people would say it is worth it. I'm sure you also know that there are actives that help regulate the oil and microflora balance on the skin. For people with oily skin, those actives are crucial, or those people can get congested pores and terrible breakouts.

@Porcelain, I always appreciate your perspective, as well!

How well I know that we need different things/skincare at different stages/ages in our lives. But I think most of us just accept what we hear from those who are doing the selling, without knowing the basics of skin and skin function, let alone what the different ingredients can do, and where we, personally fit into the whole thing. I almost wish I could re-do my skincare from my 20s to my 50s. (But that’s another story.) I did not always have “normal” skin.

And your last paragraph thoughts are intriguing to me. I feel that we are always adjusting to maintain that perfect (inasmuch as that’s possible!) balance, and not just in caring for our skin!