Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

I used the 20% that some posters had mentioned , i will cancel if i change my mine before the advance order ships.

Respected Contributor

I'm very happy with my current Isomers regimen, but after speaking with Isomers about it and based on the before and after photos, I decided to order a set.  I plan to use it as part of a 'take the weekend off' routine.  I do believe in giving your skin care regimen a break and Manuella also said that it helps with absorbency.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DC rxdRe: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

@rochelleS wrote:

Right back attcha@Porcelain!

I know and understand the directions and methods prescribed for using retinol and acids. I have some other musings regarding oily skin. Bear with me, I'm no pro and hopefully this will come across clearly and make sense. 

Many products are drying and can stimulate oil production as a result. Often, imo, we may not know the exact ingredient or culprit. (Reading and understanding an ingredient deck is a learned skill and often daunting) One may inadvertently be using a product that keeps the flood gates open. I wonder if a balance might be achieved?

So many here say they've found a perfect routine, have happy skin and are sticking with their regime/products. That is great even wonderful. But is oily skin oily forever? Or is there a regime of specific and of course likely individualized products that have the potential to balance the skin ? I would like to think yes. Our acid mantle, sebaceous glands, pH and all those busy skin componets and buzzy words do have friends and foes. Finding and trying, testing new products is expensive and time consuming. I just want to think that there's truly something(s) that will give long and lasting positive benefits. Ok, I'm done. Hope this makes sense and I don't sound too idealistically crazy.

I may be wrong, but I get the sneaking suspicion that "oily skin" is mostly due to wrong skincare, or wrong skincare methods. The other part of the equation may be due to overall diet & health. Both oily and/or overly dry.

(But dry also has another factor - that of living environment.)

The one thing I believe in, is that you don't want to overload your skin, as you stated in your "Many products" paragraph, you inadvertently skew your potential for healthy, balanced skin. And you don't want to "turn off" (as it were) your own skin's moisture mechanism.

I can't help also in commenting about those demos that I've seen from Serious Skincare, Dimitri, and now Manuela. To me, it's more the stimulating massage that makes the model appear fresher-faced with glowing skin.

What a neat illusion to make one think its from the products they are using!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

I'm very happy with my current Isomers regimen, but after speaking with Isomers about it and based on the before and after photos, I decided to order a set.  I plan to use it as part of a 'take the weekend off' routine.  I do believe in giving your skin care regimen a break and Manuella also said that it helps with absorbency.  

@Linmo 

What is a "take the weekend off" routine? Also will you share what Isomers told you about the kit that changed your mind about purchasing it?

I bought 2 of the kits and don't know exactly how I will incorporate these new products with what I'm using now...

Thanks in advance!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol

Good morning. I've been meaning to ask if you ended up purchasing the Isomers Pur Life SC High Intensity Serum 313 805 during a prior visit? If so, what's your opinion or any comments so far? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Tennessee Vol

Good morning. I've been meaning to ask if you ended up purchasing the Isomers Pur Life SC High Intensity Serum 313 805 during a prior visit? If so, what's your opinion or any comments so far? Thanks!

@rochelleS Good morning to you too! I did purchase the Pur Life SC but haven't used it yet because I also purchased the R-Pur in the 4 oz size. Francesca at Isomers recommended that I use one or the other, not both at the same time. I decided to try the R-Pur first... wish I could help. 

I'm excited to try this new caviar kit but can't decide exactly how I will use it. Maybe use the kit exclusively for two weeks and then use my regular routine a few days/nights a week and the caviar kit on the other days/nights. Another option is to use both at the same time... decisions, decisions...

How are you going to use the caviar kit?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol

I too purchased the Pur Life SC directly from Isomers. I'm fairly certain Francesca told me to use it exclusively and use it all up before adding other product. I think I'll clarify this just to sure. Obviously, I  want to use these products to get the maximum benefits, as do you and everyone else.

I'm wondering if the "take the weekend off" concept can factor in with the products or alternatively x days with a regime and switching off. That's the basic concept of TTWO. Not meaning to be rude to you or Linmo, this suggestion was to prevent or possibly eliminate our skin getting used to product and plateauing the benefits. @Linmo will surely explain this more clearly.

Since the Noir kit is on advanced order I hope to have a better grasp on the proper useage, with my other product(s) prior to delivery. That's the best I can offer now. It does look very interesting though and I am looking forward to using it.

What will Manuela come out with next???

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@Porcelain @rochelleS This is my plan - start slow. I already know from experience that’s best for my skin anyways. 🤨 

My thoughts/plan: I ordered the snail serum duo 😝 and stem genesis serum duo. I was drawn to these bc Manuela said these are great for sensitive, problematic, active skin maintenance. They are calming and help address this (my) type of skin. (In one video I watched where she said she tells parents who have teens with acne to get them on the stem genesis serum. This sold me almost instantly.) I was going to add these slowly first in hopes of making my skin “happy” and better able to accept the new products. 

I should be clear that my break-outs are mostly hormonal. (Here and there on chin or sides of mouth), but it definitely will break out from heavy products or certain things (ex being most any sunscreen or heavy make-up - though I don’t wear foundation. Never have. Being oily I keep things to a minimum on my face.) I am 44, so probably nearing “changes”, which might contribute to the “confusion” I’m having/seeing of late with my skin. (Just guessing, though no other signs at this time. TMI...I know!  LOL)

If all goes well with the snail serum 😝 and stem genesis serum, my next plan was the Caviar set to be slowly intro’d. Again, bc this sounds like it should be compatible with my skin type - even having the benefits of addressing and helping. And yes @Porcelain, I do have the larger pores which come with a lifetime of oily skin. 😏

Last, if the Caviar intro is successful, thats when the Skinn Pep40 Capsules, Matrixyl 4 and Deep Crease cream come in (because ultimately as I mentioned in an earlier post,  I will be a sagger, not so much a wrinkler). These though, I do however, plan to immediately use on my neck/dec (except the Pep40 caps). I also know that since I don’t like, nor does my oily skin like, to feel a lot on my face that I’m looking at a rotation of products - meaning not everything applied together or every day - at least until I have a firm hold on how my skin’s behaving (or not).

Whew!! Sorry so long. Let me know your thoughts on the above. I am open to any/all suggestions from you ladies. And again, thank you. 😉

@AmericanBulldogMom Good Morning!

Sounds like you have a good game plan lined up. I saw that segment with Manuela talking about teen skin recommendations too. I can see how that grabbed your attention. I truly in my heart of hearts believe there is a regime that'll balance out your skin's needs. I'm so optimistic for you. I do remember years back my doc telling me to stay away from certain foods to minimize and possibly avoid hormonal skin issues. Have you ever gotten this suggestion? Also, are you able to test product on your inner arm or lower jaw, below the ear for any sensitivity prior to using product on your face? I think it's called a patch test. 

Regardless, I am in your corner rooting for a graceful transition leading to big sucesses. ♡♡♡

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Tennessee Vol

I too purchased the Pur Life SC directly from Isomers. I'm fairly certain Francesca told me to use it exclusively and use it all up before adding other product. I think I'll clarify this just to sure. Obviously, I  want to use these products to get the maximum benefits, as do you and everyone else.

I'm wondering if the "take the weekend off" concept can factor in with the products or alternatively x days with a regime and switching off. That's the basic concept of TTWO. Not meaning to be rude to you or Linmo, this suggestion was to prevent or possibly eliminate our skin getting used to product and plateauing the benefits. @Linmo will surely explain this more clearly.

Since the Noir kit is on advanced order I hope to have a better grasp on the proper useage, with my other product(s) prior to delivery. That's the best I can offer now. It does look very interesting though and I am looking forward to using it.

What will Manuela come out with next???

@rochelleS I don't know but I'm going to have to stop watching... I already have more products than I can use! I intend to contact Francesca about using the Caviar kit too. Since I contact Isomers via email, Francesca prepared a spreadsheet for me with routine recommendations.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS Good Morning to you also!

I am aware of the thought on how diet can be a factor with say oily skin, but not hormonal skin issues. I do practice a healthy lifestyle and eat well, etc., but never connected diet with hormones. I’ll have to look into this more. Thanks for mentioning.

As for the patch test, my skin is not sensitive in the way of this being needed with products, so maybe use of the word “sensitive” is misleading. (It’s actually quite tough/tolerant in that respect.) I say sensitive or reactive bc the wrong products can cause some breakouts. Hope that’s more clear - those descriptions may have been unclear. Sorry if that was the case.

I will add, late last night, I actually decided to order the H-Pur TTV. When Manuela showed the pics of how it benefits oily skin and said it’s essential for balancing it out I decided to go for it. She called it a “non-negotiable”. Balance is what I need, I know, and everything I’ve tried to date has not really been successful (ex’s being different types of moisturizers (heavy to light), no moisturizer, oils, no oils, etc.). Nothing to date seems to have made a difference on oil output during my lifetime of dealing with it. If the H-Pur can bring moisture and balance to my skin with out being heavy or breaking me out, then yay for me. LOL!  Manuela’s explanation seemed to make sense and during another video I watched she felt it was a very important product for oily skin that gets breakouts. She’s so knowledgeable to listen to. I have decided to trust her and trust my skin to her, so that’s why I added the H-Pur TTV.

I am not expecting miracles, but to find a good balance and to find some “good for my skin” ingredients/products would be great. Isomers products seem to be very pure and on the lighter side with most being serums. I am realisitic but hopeful. Thanks for the encouragement and lending an ear. Your help is greatly appreciated.