Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

I've been thinking about this @AmericanBulldogMom, being your sin is so "touchy" it might behoove you to mix a new product with a current skin friendly your currently using. A little serum and increase the amount until full strength. Just like we do when introducing our babies or pets to new food. I do not know what, if any actives you're currently using but a gradual intro may prevent shocking your skin. Of course the reverse may work too. The skin might love a new product and drink it up without any issues. Just thinking, thinking...

@Porcelain do you have any thoughts on this? Have you come across anything similar in your research? TIA. 

@rochelleSThis is exactly what the experts say to do when introducing irritating products like acids and retinols. You build them up gradually so your skin has a chance to acclimate. So it could make sense for other ingredients and products too. I like the way you think!

I do believe that if your skin shows you very clearly it doesn't want a type of ingredient, like silicone or fragrance or whatever, it's wisest just to accept it and not try to get it to change. (Just like I can't tolerate tea tree oil for some reason, though I've tried to convince myself otherwise, since it makes no logical sense.) To me it's less like a baby refusing to eat carrots even though they are good for them, and more like the baby breaking out in hives whenever you feed them carrots.

I think this set looks like it would be very good for people with oily skin. The befores all had large pores and a lot of oil and looked a tad coarse textured (no judgement here!), and the afters looked very refined and matte. I'd pair some of the items in this kit with Skinn's Creme Reverse, and/or the Isomers Matrixyl 4 pur serum, but not the cream.

@Porcelain, I do not have Creme Reverse, but Pep-40. Would it also work with Black Caviar? Also, since I already saw Manuela's answer on talc and fragrance issue in this product, my only concern is - black diamonds, I think as a delivery system (?)  How good is it to introduce crushed diamonds into

skin pores? Do you know anything about it or have any thoughts? TIA!

p.s. @Porcelain,  here what Manuela says:

Per Manuela: "The talc is magnesium myristate. And the fragrance is the pheromone molecule and the only legal way of listing it."

Per another member: "Like Manuela just said, the talc's chemical name is magnesium myristate, and I just looked it up on the EWG website.....it has a 1 rating, so it is totally safe"

Esteemed Contributor

DC rxdRe: Anyone getting the Isomers Caviar TSV ?

[ Edited ]

Right back attcha@Porcelain!

I know and understand the directions and methods prescribed for using retinol and acids. I have some other musings regarding oily skin. Bear with me, I'm no pro and hopefully this will come across clearly and make sense. 

Many products are drying and can stimulate oil production as a result. Often, imo, we may not know the exact ingredient or culprit. (Reading and understanding an ingredient deck is a learned skill and often daunting) One may inadvertently be using a product that keeps the flood gates open. I wonder if a balance might be achieved?

So many here say they've found a perfect routine, have happy skin and are sticking with their regime/products. That is great even wonderful. But is oily skin oily forever? Or is there a regime of specific and of course likely individualized products that have the potential to balance the skin ? I would like to think yes. Our acid mantle, sebaceous glands, pH and all those busy skin componets and buzzy words do have friends and foes. Finding and trying, testing new products is expensive and time consuming. I just want to think that there's truly something(s) that will give long and lasting positive benefits. Ok, I'm done. Hope this makes sense and I don't sound too idealistically crazy.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain @rochelleS This is my plan - start slow. I already know from experience that’s best for my skin anyways. 🤨 

My thoughts/plan: I ordered the snail serum duo 😝 and stem genesis serum duo. I was drawn to these bc Manuela said these are great for sensitive, problematic, active skin maintenance. They are calming and help address this (my) type of skin. (In one video I watched where she said she tells parents who have teens with acne to get them on the stem genesis serum. This sold me almost instantly.) I was going to add these slowly first in hopes of making my skin “happy” and better able to accept the new products. 

I should be clear that my break-outs are mostly hormonal. (Here and there on chin or sides of mouth), but it definitely will break out from heavy products or certain things (ex being most any sunscreen or heavy make-up - though I don’t wear foundation. Never have. Being oily I keep things to a minimum on my face.) I am 44, so probably nearing “changes”, which might contribute to the “confusion” I’m having/seeing of late with my skin. (Just guessing, though no other signs at this time. TMI...I know!  LOL)

If all goes well with the snail serum 😝 and stem genesis serum, my next plan was the Caviar set to be slowly intro’d. Again, bc this sounds like it should be compatible with my skin type - even having the benefits of addressing and helping. And yes @Porcelain, I do have the larger pores which come with a lifetime of oily skin. 😏

Last, if the Caviar intro is successful, thats when the Skinn Pep40 Capsules, Matrixyl 4 and Deep Crease cream come in (because ultimately as I mentioned in an earlier post,  I will be a sagger, not so much a wrinkler). These though, I do however, plan to immediately use on my neck/dec (except the Pep40 caps). I also know that since I don’t like, nor does my oily skin like, to feel a lot on my face that I’m looking at a rotation of products - meaning not everything applied together or every day - at least until I have a firm hold on how my skin’s behaving (or not).

Whew!! Sorry so long. Let me know your thoughts on the above. I am open to any/all suggestions from you ladies. And again, thank you. 😉

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Porcelain, I do not have Creme Reverse, but Pep-40. Would it also work with Black Caviar? Also, since I already saw Manuela's answer on talc and fragrance issue in this product, my only concern is - black diamonds, I think as a delivery system (?)  How good is it to introduce crushed diamonds into

Per Manuela: "The talc is magnesium myristate. And the fragrance is the pheromone molecule and the only legal way of listing it."

Per another member: "Like Manuela just said, the talc's chemical name is magnesium myristate, and I just looked it up on the EWG website.....it has a 1 rating, so it is totally safe"

@sonechko, The black diamonds etc are just a gimmick ingredient meant to evoke luxury. They won't do anything, good or bad. So if that is your only concern and you really want this, I wouldn't let that hold you back. Personally, I would only purchase this set if I did not need much anti-aging and I had oily coarse skin. Or I would get it as a gift for someone who had those issues.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@sonechko, The black diamonds etc are just a gimmick ingredient meant to evoke luxury. They won't do anything, good or bad. So if that is your only concern and you really want this, I wouldn't let that hold you back. Personally, I would only purchase this set if I did not need much anti-aging and I had oily coarse skin. Or I would get it as a gift for someone who had those issues.

Thanks @Porcelain! This is the only thing I was worrying about. Though I should not since I trust Manuela to know how she's formulating. Yeah, I got it.... actually two, because I am a greedy skincare Adict. My skin is normal, but I plan to start using just a little bit of this stuff, and also do rely on an extended return policy, if I have to. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Also @Porcelain, would Skinn Pep-40 cream work with B. Caviar?

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Also @Porcelain, would Skinn Pep-40 cream work with B. Caviar?

Well, sure I think so. Peptides can go with anything. It's just that Pep 40 is for dry, aging skin. I bet you could figure out how to combine them. You're obviously very smart about your skincare. I hope you will let us know how you do it.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain  what about the fragrance in this Caviar line? (pheromone molecule) I have oily large pores skin like she is showing with redness from rosacea....but fragrance is a big no no...I react to many things.  Can you explain help me understand why this "fragrance" isn't like what is normally seen in other brands??

Thanks for any help

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

@Porcelain  what about the fragrance in this Caviar line?  I have oily large pores skin like she is showing with redness from rosacea....but fragrance is a big no no...I react to many things.  Can you explain help me understand why this "fragrance" isn't like what is normally seen in other brands??

Thanks for any help

@tsavorite, I don't think the fragrance is different than any other. It is a pheromone, supposedly. But that has to do with how it smells and how other people react to it, not how it affects the skin.

If you can't use fragranced products, well...this is a fragranced product. If I knew fragrance was bad for my skin, I would not get this and would stick to fragrance free products only.

ETA: I gotta go. So if I don't respond to any more posts tonight, it's not that I don't care! Have a great Saturday night everybody!

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@Porcelain  what about the fragrance in this Caviar line?  I have oily large pores skin like she is showing with redness from rosacea....but fragrance is a big no no...I react to many things.  Can you explain help me understand why this "fragrance" isn't like what is normally seen in other brands??

Thanks for any help

@tsavorite, I don't think the fragrance is different than any other. It is a pheromone, supposedly. But that has to do with how it smells and how other people react to it, not how it affects the skin.

If you can't use fragranced products, well...this is a fragranced product. If I knew fragrance was bad for my skin, I would not get this and would stick to fragrance free products only.

ETA: I gotta go. So if I don't respond to any more posts tonight, it's not that I don't care! Have a great Saturday night everybody!

its a pass for me thanks