Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Doll10 TSV?

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

It sure looks so pretty onair, especially the lip product! But I've said that before when I ordered her products in the past and was always disappointed so I probably shouldn't get sucked into it again, lol.

Very tempting though!

I am surprised she only has one 1 hour show for the whole TSV day. Seems kind of strange compared to what others usually get for TSVs

@HappyDaze I agree.  She gets very little time on air, at least in the US, which I don't think is fair.  I only noticed her product after watching a WEN show a while back.  About the lip product, I would not use without the lip gloss.  I prefer her trio with the crayons.  It is just one step.  They look really pretty and are very moisturizing.   

@WenDoll10girl,

I pushed some time back to see today's demo, but have just read there is -only?....? (1) show for an all day special kit. I am going with your suggestion, WenDoll10girl. [ Last week].

I am only interested in the hydragel foundation, can always use the blush.

Believe LIGHT will be the best choice for fair skin, (mine), also- I am very interested to learn this is for _sensitive skin_. 

I do like `this concept`, though.

I viewed the first one last night, but wanted to wait and catch any former users ..."IF" compatible for sensitive skin. 

Am going with the AD for the Different Blush shades, only. 

I am always disappointed when the lip coloring is a mauve or pink, which would never work for me.

If there is {ONLY} one show for today's kit, I find that very strange!!

I did hear that she hasn't had a 'S'pecial since 2012.

Very seldom do I buy a Special -anything-, especially in skin or foundation. Rather go and be color matched at a fine cosmetic counter.

I am using 'HER' line: on the basis that she said sheer (not mask heavy), also the LIGHT has some yellow VS the fair.

The LIGHT apparently is more in the >NEUTRAL<, which would be me,  *pink undertones*.

Medium would be for yellow undertone, I believe.

Fair would be for a porcelain. Suppose I could go either way or blend the two. The brush is definitely worth the price if buying separately.

I have 2, but can use this for blush, not the foundation. Never had any fondness using brushes for application/foundation...but that is my experience. 

What I had heard, hours ago, is only FYI, if curious.

Again, 1 show for an ALL DAY SPECIAL?

Never knew that had been done, but I seldom get a chance to watch TV, so this may be something new...I have no idea. 

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you very much Dear @WenDoll10girl for answering me in such detail! I too, have a gut feeling - Light would be a better choice for me in this vs. Fair. I really like the look of this foundation on everyone on-air! I see, how highly pigmented it is, and may use just very little of it, since I never strive for a full coverage, but only for light even flawless skin, which does not show having make-up on.

Like you, I stick to only very gentle products like WEN for hair and Isomers for skin care lines. I am so very happy to discover these lines, as they do answer my every need for hair and skin care. So I don't have to run around like crazy constantly looking for something new!

With make-up, I do not have any preference so far, only a single product here-and-there, and numerous new attempts to find something good, spending lots of money unnecessary in a process.

The perfect foundation is my most troubled product to find so far, and I hate having a few already barely touched products collecting dust! The only one I love so far is Laura Geller BE - that's all.  So, as you can see I may have too high hopes for Doll10 kit, but keeping my fingers crossed!

I made a promise NOT to buy anything else from this line now, but even weeks ago, looking at TSV kit, I also became very curious about Doris' other foundation -Doll 10 Hydra Fluid Foundation Drops with Precision Brush.

I would like just to compare, how both foundations will work for me. Maybe, @WenDoll10girl you have your experience with a Hydra Fluid, and only very briefly can tell - your perceived difference between these two, and which one you personally prefer over the other. Thanks a lot! Cat Happy

Contributor

It looked to me like the packaging has changed on the foundation since the complaints were posted about too much product coming out.  I'm hoping that's the case.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ladies, you are truly fortunate to have so many choices! It's fun to eavesdrop on your discussions of tones and consistencies. I have a feeling that none of you need "coverage" at all really, you take such care of your complexions. 

Honored Contributor

I just ordered the kit, I was sold on the concealer effect and the one for under eyes.  I have a lot of pink in my cheeks.

I also love that lipstick color, I've been looking for something similar.

For me, it's worth a try.

Trusted Contributor

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

It sure looks so pretty onair, especially the lip product! But I've said that before when I ordered her products in the past and was always disappointed so I probably shouldn't get sucked into it again, lol.

Very tempting though!

I am surprised she only has one 1 hour show for the whole TSV day. Seems kind of strange compared to what others usually get for TSVs

@HappyDaze I agree.  She gets very little time on air, at least in the US, which I don't think is fair.  I only noticed her product after watching a WEN show a while back.  About the lip product, I would not use without the lip gloss.  I prefer her trio with the crayons.  It is just one step.  They look really pretty and are very moisturizing.   

@WenDoll10girl Yeah the lip products like this one in the kit are what I tried before that I wasn't thrilled with. I know many lover them but I found the colors turned a weird brownish pink color on me and it was not moisturizing. This looks like  true pink though, not like her pinky nudes I tried, so perhaps it wouldn't turn brownish. I will have to look for those trio crayons. Not sure I've seen those before?

@HappyDaze.  Yeah.  Not a big fan of the lip stick on the kit, but I still use it.  It has not turned colors on me, but it is a light nude pink.  I'm very fair, so it does not look bad on me, but I can imagine it may not look good on other skin tones?  With the gloss it is a pretty baby pink.  Again I would not used without the gloss. I have not seen her presentation on the kit yet and looking forward to watching the video of it later.  

These are the crayons.  

http://www.qvc.com/Doll-10-Gel-Lip-Crayon-Trio.product.A253296.html?sc=A253296-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITI...

@WenDoll10girl  Those lip crayon colors are really pretty  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Not, I'm not getting this TSV.  I just watched the presentation with Jill.  I'm a BE and Laura Geller girl.  I have been tempted to try a lipstick/lipgloss set Doris has had on there before, but, as far as this kit goes, it's not for me.  The makeup looks really thick and and I don't like the idea of cream blush.  It's an easy pass for me. I do like watching the makeup shows though, even if it's products I will never buy.

Valued Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Thank you very much Dear @WenDoll10girl for answering me in such detail! I too, have a gut feeling - Light would be a better choice for me in this vs. Fair. I really like the look of this foundation on everyone on-air! I see, how highly pigmented it is, and may use just very little of it, since I never strive for a full coverage, but only for light even flawless skin, which does not show having make-up on.

Like you, I stick to only very gentle products like WEN for hair and Isomers for skin care lines. I am so very happy to discover these lines, as they do answer my every need for hair and skin care. So I don't have to run around like crazy constantly looking for something new!

With make-up, I do not have any preference so far, only a single product here-and-there, and numerous new attempts to find something good, spending lots of money unnecessary in a process.

The perfect foundation is my most troubled product to find so far, and I hate having a few already barely touched products collecting dust! The only one I love so far is Laura Geller BE - that's all.  So, as you can see I may have too high hopes for Doll10 kit, but keeping my fingers crossed!

I made a promise NOT to buy anything else from this line now, but even weeks ago, looking at TSV kit, I also became very curious about Doris' other foundation -Doll 10 Hydra Fluid Foundation Drops with Precision Brush.

I would like just to compare, how both foundations will work for me. Maybe, @WenDoll10girl you have your experience with a Hydra Fluid, and only very briefly can tell - your perceived difference between these two, and which one you personally prefer over the other. Thanks a lot! Cat Happy

@sonechko Hi.  I prefer the hydragel.  The drops were too wet in my opinion and took a long time to dry.  The gel dries instantly.  The dropper can also clog at times.

Formally NewtoWen
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @WenDoll10girl!  Okay then. I'll cancel my order of Hydra Fluid for now, and check the Hydragel from the kit first. I can always look for a single (no brush) hydra fluid even on ebay, if I choose to check it out later. Thank you AGAIN! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just wanted to add, @WenDoll10girl. When I was watching the video under hydra fluid, I did like Doris' face make-up much better though! It looked lighter and more translucent to me. She said she had hydro-fluid on..... Well, I cancelled my order for it for now.