Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Doll10 TSV?

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

I got mine! Could not resist it. Thank you @WenDoll10girl for inspiring me on the other thread!Cat Happy I thought, if she likes Wen, and also - Doll10, I too may like Doll10!

I did watch tonight's presentation and liked the kit.  But I already knew - I'd get it. 

I liked this light natural look Dolton10 make-up created on models, and Doris' face looks great too!

Must try it first, but so far it looks so, that I may have to change my nick to a WenDoll10girl2 or something close to it! Smiley Happy  I mean, it may become my Make-up line, according to what I am seing so far.   I do not have my favorite line yet....... and I want one! 

@WenDoll10girl maybe you can suggest,  I am good in Laura Geller Baked Elements in FAIR and the others I am usually the light shade. I bought this Doll10 kit in LIGHT., do you think I made a good shade choice? Or should I re-purchase it in Fair instead? TIA! Woman Happy

@sonechko Yay.   I'm glad you got your kit.  I hope you enjoy it. Smiley Happy I think you will be fine with the light.  The light is not that much different than the fair.  For example Doris uses the light and she is pretty fair.  It is a little warmer than the fair, but that is great for the summer months.  Her hydragel is the only foundation I have tried that does not make me break out.  My skin is very sensitive, so I stick to gentle products like WEN (gentle on my scalp and no tangles ever, plus hair grows fast since using it) and now this line for my skin.  Other foundations I have used have a tendency of oxidizing and turning orange or making me look yellow.  This one stays on for me during my entire 8 hour work day.   The mascara is also long lasting.  I would say almost waterproof for me.  Another reason for me to use the brand is that it is cruelty free.  I just make sure I read the ingredients too to make sure they don't have parabens or anything I wish to avoid.  This kit is paraben free.     It it has parabens, even from her brand I would not purchase.  Just my personal preference. 

Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I am very sorry and disappointed to report that I have buyer's remorse and this kit will be going back after all Woman Sad.  I was so excited about certain parts of it that I was sure it would be a winner.  As previously posted, I wasn't thrilled with the blush or lipstick, but now that also includes the mascara and foundation, which I was previously happy with.  My experience with the mascara is that it started to get clumpy on the brush and then ended up clumping on my lashes too.  I couldn't get it close to the base of my lashes without some of it smudging on to the lashline/lid area.  It also started flaking off my lashes after a 4-5 hours.  Now I wish I didn't buy the additional mascara duo either. Woman Sad  I've been using the HydraGel foundation before the TTV was announced although it hasn't been an everyday foundation for me.  Most of the time, I'd use it just if I was going out for a few hours of errands or a date.  This past week, it was an everyday product for me and I was hoping/expecting it to last the day for me.  My experience is that it just didn't hold up the way I needed it to.  I was indoors and outdoors, and after awhile it just disappeared. Disappointed. Woman Sad I appologize to anyone I may have misled by my exhuberance in prior posts in this thread.  

@JeanLouiseFinch Don't worry.  Some lines work for some people better than others.  About the mascara I would say that I take out any excess by sort of rotating the brush with the edges of the opening of the tube, but I do that with all mascaras I ever used.  You may also try a paper towel if it still to much.  

Formally NewtoWen
Occasional Contributor

I was going to try it, but then I checked the ingredients.  The foundation, concealer, and blush all have a frangrance.  I'm not sure why all of these companies have to add a parfum/fragrace in their makeup.  That is such a turnoff for me.  Same goes for face and body lotions.  

Valued Contributor

@Weebles wrote:

I was going to try it, but then I checked the ingredients.  The foundation, concealer, and blush all have a frangrance.  I'm not sure why all of these companies have to add a parfum/fragrace in their makeup.  That is such a turnoff for me.  Same goes for face and body lotions.  

@Weebles I noticed that, but decided to try it.  I never had a problem with the hydragel or the blush.  I tend to avoid products with fragrance, but it is hard to find products without it, so I research the company well before trying.  I have not had any negative reactions to her products.

Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

It sure looks so pretty onair, especially the lip product! But I've said that before when I ordered her products in the past and was always disappointed so I probably shouldn't get sucked into it again, lol.

Very tempting though!

I am surprised she only has one 1 hour show for the whole TSV day. Seems kind of strange compared to what others usually get for TSVs

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

It sure looks so pretty onair, especially the lip product! But I've said that before when I ordered her products in the past and was always disappointed so I probably shouldn't get sucked into it again, lol.

Very tempting though!

I am surprised she only has one 1 hour show for the whole TSV day. Seems kind of strange compared to what others usually get for TSVs

@HappyDaze I agree.  She gets very little time on air, at least in the US, which I don't think is fair.  I only noticed her product after watching a WEN show a while back.  About the lip product, I would not use without the lip gloss.  I prefer her trio with the crayons.  It is just one step.  They look really pretty and are very moisturizing.   

Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Does anyone know if we can change shades on the second AD shipment? If the fair is too light, I want to be able to change it to light on the next shipment.

@WenDoll10girl I have almost pulled the trigger a few times already, lol! I don't think I can wait for the presentation! Cat Very Happy

@HappyDaze If not sure, it is better to wait.  Smiley Happy. I watched lot of her videos before deciding to try.

@WenDoll10girl It sure all looks pretty and I want two of the colors in the AD- the mauve set and the last light pink set! Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Very tempting though!

@HappyDaze I agree.  She gets very little time on air, at least in the US, which I don't think is fair.  I only noticed her product after watching a WEN show a while back.  About the lip product, I would not use without the lip gloss.  I prefer her trio with the crayons.  It is just one step.  They look really pretty and are very moisturizing.   

@WenDoll10girl Yeah the lip products like this one in the kit are what I tried before that I wasn't thrilled with. I know many lover them but I found the colors turned a weird brownish pink color on me and it was not moisturizing. This looks like  true pink though, not like her pinky nudes I tried, so perhaps it wouldn't turn brownish. I will have to look for those trio crayons. Not sure I've seen those before?

New Contributor

I bought the Light because the Fair looked too light for me. And I too wear Laura Geller's Fair Balance & Brighten. This is a great kit for the money. I just bought my kit. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Very tempting though!

@WenDoll10girl Yeah the lip products like this one in the kit are what I tried before that I wasn't thrilled with. I know many lover them but I found the colors turned a weird brownish pink color on me and it was not moisturizing. This looks like  true pink though, not like her pinky nudes I tried, so perhaps it wouldn't turn brownish. I will have to look for those trio crayons. Not sure I've seen those before?

@HappyDaze.  Yeah.  Not a big fan of the lip stick on the kit, but I still use it.  It has not turned colors on me, but it is a light nude pink.  I'm very fair, so it does not look bad on me, but I can imagine it may not look good on other skin tones?  With the gloss it is a pretty baby pink.  Again I would not used without the gloss. I have not seen her presentation on the kit yet and looking forward to watching the video of it later.  

These are the crayons.  

http://www.qvc.com/Doll-10-Gel-Lip-Crayon-Trio.product.A253296.html?sc=A253296-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITI...

Formally NewtoWen