Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Doll10 TSV?

I like the lipstick color - just might be worth a try.

Contributor

I've never tried this brand,  but I find that using a Beautyblender with foundation makes it easy to apply heavier foundations to look more sheer.

Super Contributor

I have the Hydragel foundation. I am right in between light and medium, so I ordered the medium in this foundation as it looked to be on the light side during the presentation. The medium is a good match, not yellow or orange. I do not find it to be full coverage at all. I would say medium coverage at best. It's a nice formula and sets up to a pretty finish. I don't reach for it very often, but I tend to favor powder foundations anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouise French, I have read that the delivery system with the foundation is difficult. Some people claimed that too much product came out or that it was hard to get the product to come out. Please give your thoughts once you have tried it. I was curious about the lipstick. I usually wear full color but I thought a pretty nude shade might be nice to have once in awhile.

Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze  I am super excited about this kit and ordered early.  My kit shipped Wednesday.  I really like the HydraGel foundation these days.  It is a little fuller coverage,  if you want that, but certainly not heavy.  I don't put it on real thick.  Taking up less product and working a little fast to swirl it on before it dries down gives me a nice result.  It does dry down somewhat quickly.  I wonder though, too, if you might put the foundation on the back of your hand and add a drop of water might make it even more sheer?  I haven't tried that but don't know why someone couldn't.  I haven't tried the blush products.  There's a video on the blush trio listing.  The color of the one in the kit isn't the same but the results on the video look very nice and natural.  I don't own any Doll 10 lipsticks yet but am looking forward to trying it.  LOL, I'm glad it came in a kit because I'm trying real hard to not buy single lipsticks these days - I have more than any sane person should.  I read a great review of the mascara on Facebook so I'm excited about trying that.  

@JeanLouiseFinch, that was a good thought about adding water to sheer it out. I wonder, too, about maybe adding a little moisturizer and even a drop of a serum. Any of these "should" work, since it would thin it out. I wonder if it would still apply evenly?

As far as this topic on ordering, I doubt I will.  Years ago, I tried something from this line and was not pleased at all, so I have been hesitant to try anything else. I don't even remember now what the item was, but I think it might have been a brow product. I must say I have been tempted to try her lip products, so we'll see.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Honored Contributor

@luv2drive wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze  I am super excited about this kit and ordered early.  My kit shipped Wednesday.  I really like the HydraGel foundation these days.  It is a little fuller coverage,  if you want that, but certainly not heavy.  I don't put it on real thick.  Taking up less product and working a little fast to swirl it on before it dries down gives me a nice result.  It does dry down somewhat quickly.  I wonder though, too, if you might put the foundation on the back of your hand and add a drop of water might make it even more sheer?  I haven't tried that but don't know why someone couldn't.  I haven't tried the blush products.  There's a video on the blush trio listing.  The color of the one in the kit isn't the same but the results on the video look very nice and natural.  I don't own any Doll 10 lipsticks yet but am looking forward to trying it.  LOL, I'm glad it came in a kit because I'm trying real hard to not buy single lipsticks these days - I have more than any sane person should.  I read a great review of the mascara on Facebook so I'm excited about trying that.  

@JeanLouiseFinch, that was a good thought about adding water to sheer it out. I wonder, too, about maybe adding a little moisturizer and even a drop of a serum. Any of these "should" work, since it would thin it out. I wonder if it would still apply evenly?

As far as this topic on ordering, I doubt I will.  Years ago, I tried something from this line and was not pleased at all, so I have been hesitant to try anything else. I don't even remember now what the item was, but I think it might have been a brow product. I must say I have been tempted to try her lip products, so we'll see.

@luv2drive  my only thought on adding a drop of serum or moisturizer is that would change the makeup of the foundation and it wouldn't perform or dry down the way it's intended to.  If someone would do that and then complain that the foundation didn't work for them wouldn't be a fair review.  That's why I suggested water.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@luv2drive wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@luv2drive  my only thought on adding a drop of serum or moisturizer is that would change the makeup of the foundation and it wouldn't perform or dry down the way it's intended to.  If someone would do that and then complain that the foundation didn't work for them wouldn't be a fair review.  That's why I suggested water.

@JeanLouiseFinch, you're exactly right. That's why I said that about wonder if it would still apply evenly. I've never tried adding anything to foundation, but I can see that it might effect the application or the dry time. Good points that need to be considered   Smiley Happy

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Trusted Contributor

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try this set. I'm just unsure of the shade. Fair or light? Been watching YouTube videos & QVC videos for just the hydragel foundation- still can't decide on the shade....I wear bare shell in the bareskin bare minerals. Fair in Laura Geller balance & brighten. Decisions, decisions.... Right now I'm leaning towards the light as the fair looks too light. 

Valued Contributor

I just can't get past the name, Doll 10. I just can't purchase it.
Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:
I just can't get past the name, Doll 10. I just can't purchase it.

Why?  It's just a name.  My understanding is that Doris was marketing her products under her last name "Dalton" until she learned there already was a company with that name.  She had to rebrand her products and decided on "Doll 10" because it was closely similar to the sound of her name.