Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Beachwaver?

@RespectLife wrote:

The demos always show the Beachwaver ends kind of 'out' of the tool and quite straight.  I think they call that Fish Ends?  Not sure, but I do not like it. 

I start about 1 inch up the hair strand and clamp.  Then spiral all the way up, then ease back on the clamp til my ends are now also curled around the barrel.

That gives me the perfect 'boinky' true spiral curl from top to bottom I want.

The models I watched started with a few inches at the end, but did the same thing to catch the ends.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Beachwaver?

@lkat wrote:

What I don't like about the Beachwaver is that the curls don't hold at all at the lower heat (which is what I use because my hair is fine).  I also don't like the curls themselves.  Maybe because I'm working from bottom up instead of top down as with a wand, but I just don't find them as pretty as I do when a wand upside down.

@lkat .... That's the only reason I have hesitated!  I tried curling my hair with my HotTools the other day, and accidentally hit the temperature control.  Fortunately it went down, not up, because I also have fine hair.  I had it set at 330, but it went down to the high 200s.  That is where I'd want to use the Beachwaver.  But, i didn't get good curls, and they didn't hold.