Respected Contributor

Anyone getting the Beachwaver?

I'm thinking about it.  Would love opinions!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Beachwaver?

I really want to get it, but after reading reviews on the previous one, I am not sure.  There were a number of reviews that stated that it didn't last long.  If I pay $100 for a hair appliance, I really want it to last. I hope there are more replies to this post from people who have one.

Respected Contributor

I already have a 3/4" and a 1", I'm thinking about buying the 1&1/4" for when my hair gets really long.  I have not had any trouble with either of my current Beachwavers, I got one from the Q and one from Ulta, and they both work very well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP  @kermiefrog  Thank you both for your replies!  @kermiefrog ..... I've read similar reviews.  It's one of my hesitations.  @CamilleP  I'm glad you've had no problems.  I hope I'm as lucky if I take the plunge!

Respected Contributor

I used both and I WAY prefer the Kiss Ceramic Instawave. Better price too.

Image result for kiss products ceramic instawave

Honored Contributor

@ItsME

I purchased the 1" the very first time it aired.  How many years ago was that?  It has lasted just fine!  Still going strong.

I loved it so much I immediately bought a 1" backup the next time they were on for travel and to keep in the other bathroom.  It has lasted for YEARS also.

Both are the original version.

When they changed the design...again YEARS ago...I bought the larger one and then the smallest one.  I use them all.

BEST tool ever for me.  I tried the Kiss a friend had and it totally tangled and tore up my hair.  Wouldn't recommend it.

I have long hair, on the thinner side.

I am on my third day now with my curls.  They last til I wash out.

Some people don't like that the clamp is shorter, but it HAS to in order to get your hair onto the barrel properly.

I used to stink at styling my hair...not anymore.  Piece of cake to use.  I now don't blow dry.  Just WEN, styling cream and air dry.  My beachwavers do the work of fixing a beautiful style.  One less hot appliance on my hair. 

I also purchased one for my DD at Ulta.  It has lasted for years as well.  She has med. long very thick hair.

PS

This is a GREAT price.  I paid more for all of mine.

Respected Contributor

@silkyk  Thanks for your reply.  Can you tell me why you prefer the Kiss?

Respected Contributor

I like the Kiss better because the curl lasts until I wash it out. I have long thick hair and once I mastered this curler (it took a few times to figure out how much hair to do at a time and which way you want it to curl....a lot of curlers ONLY curl one way...this curls either forward OR back). I do one curl forward then one back and then only "comb" with my fingers. Perfect beachy curls that last and last. The best curling tool I ever used. I never had a tangle or any problem with it but you do have to use it a few times to get to know it. Then it's FAST and easy!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife  Thanks so much for your reply!  I really appreciate it!   I have an InStyler,  which I love.  It's a lifesaver on bad hair days, but it straightens, doesn't curl.  My hair is naturally curly, but could use some control.  I can't imagine a style lasting 4 hours, let alone 3 days!  I'm very tempted to try the Beachwaver.  My hair is baby fine and relatively thin, layered, and between chin and shoulder length.  Which size would you recommend?

Respected Contributor

@silkyk  Thanks!  Sounds great!